Chapter 58 My Escort is a Snob

Start from the beginning

I wasn't sure if Ace was really listening to me because he did say that he would only pretend to listen. But casting a glance at him from time to time as I told him my story, I saw him nodding as if he really was listening.

After I finished, I did feel a little better. Heck, I could not stop talking till the end.

Ace looked up and stayed silent for a few minutes before he spoke. "I can understand how you feel about him right now, and I won't blame you." He said. "But you can't blame him. Prince Fred has his own issues that he's currently dealing with."

I blinked at him. I was completely surprised at the fact that he was helping me and for the fact that he was listening.

Wow, Ace does have a little soul in him.

Ace saw me staring at him dumbly, and he glared. "What!?" He growled.

I looked away quickly. "Nothing."

We rode for a few more minutes before coming across a pathway of green and well-kept grass that led to a massive white castle that I believe is at least four storeys high. As we passed through the pathway, I noticed tall green hedges on either side that continued at different right angles to form a maze. A bouquet of flowers The castle stood tall and majestic at the end of the path. It spanned the majority of the maze's length. A plethora of opulent-looking glass windows and intricately patterned walls. In the center of this castle stood a massive fountain with a man holding a massive ball that spurted water.

It would have been an amazing view if it wasn't dark and if I was in a better mood. But most of all, this is where Fred lives, and I don't think I want to see him after what happened a while ago,

"Can't we go camp out for the night? You know, someplace far far away from here?" I twisted on my seat to smile at Ace with a hopeful look.

"We can't. With the amount of stress and time that we have, I don't think camping is wise. Especially since the others must have settled in and are now waiting for us."

"Um.....waiting?"

"Got a problem with that?"

"Yeah. If my eyes are still red from crying." At that, Ace smirked, and I suddenly realized that I had just admitted that I was crying. I rolled my eyes and waved at him. "Yeah yeah. I was crying. You win."

As soon as we stopped by the fountain, Ace got down and assisted me. A stable boy then came and took Midnight to the stable.

We walked together to the door, and I stopped in front of the door, making Ace pause as well. He let out a frustrated sigh and looked at me. "What now? You're not going to run away, are you?

"Of course not!" I said quickly since I didn't want him to kill me on the spot. "I just...." I rubbed my eyes, feeling that they were still swollen. I grunted. "I don't want the others to see me like this. They might ask some questions, and I would have to repeat my story again.

"You and your female insecurities." He muttered, and I cast him a glare. He rolled his eyes at me and pulled me closer to his side.

Well, not only is he rude, but he is a feminist. I will be jotting this down in my imaginary notebook.

"What are you doing!" I hissed at him.

He ignored me as he opened the door, and we walked in with me still clinging to his side, my face firmly pressed against his coat. I grunted and struggled to pull back when I heard footsteps, soon followed by the prince's voices.

"Hey, guys! They're here." It was Dan, and suddenly, more footsteps were heard, but I could not see them, because – you know – I'm being held hostage here.