Chapter 35 An Eventful Entrance

Chapter 35 

I wheezed

OH, SON OF A MOTHERLESS PIG! Fred just complimented me!

"T-" I cleared my throat. "Thank you. You look good as well." I said.

"Really? Phew!" He sighed in relief. "For a second there, I thought you might call me ugly again. That's why I really spend some time fixing myself up. Good thing it paid off." He sighed, and now, I am fighting the urge to run towards a set of stairs and jump down in happiness.

Just as I was staring dreamily at Fred, Nate took that opportunity and pulled me towards him. He caught me off guard that I tripped and landed on his chest. I heard him chuckle. I pushed myself up and glared at him. "I'll hit you," I warned.

"Woah! The party hasn't started, and you now have a sour look on your face." He had an amused look on his face as he looked at me.

"Whose fault do you think it is?"

Nate must have found my outburst rather amusing because he just laughed. "Easy there, tiger." He said. "You know I could make you happy."

I crossed my arms over my chest and raised an eyebrow at him. "Really? Are you leaving?"

The twins let out a whistle at my response while Nate just laughed harder. "Where have you been all my life?" He said.

"Hiding from you."

This time, Nate roared in laughter. "Can I just keep you for myself?"

"No. Don't be selfish."

He shrugged and fished something out of his coat. It was a huge red rose. "If I can't keep you, then keep this rose instead." He handed me the rose.

At that moment, the twins both took a step until they were at my side. "Don't take it, Rose. He has another one of those in his coat, which he gives to all the girls." Ren warned me. "You might think you're special, but it's just Nate. He may have at least 5 of them in there." Added Dan. "Or maybe more."

Nate glared at the twins. "Okay fine. You got me." Nate pulled his coat off and showed a bouquet of roses. "And for the record, I don't have 5. I have 30 of them." He said and looked at me and winked. Even though I didn't really like what Nate was doing, I giggled at his playboy character. Nate broke the stem of the rose that he was holding and walked towards me, pulled out a ribbon, and tied it to my right wrist where I have no jewelry on.

"There. Perfect. A rose for our little Rose."

I looked at my wrist and tenderly touched the rose before my fingers traveled to the ribbon. I raised my gaze to Nate. "Let me guess, you have at least 50 ribbons with you to tie the roses to every girl you will ever see tonight."

Nate put his hands into his coat pocket and pursed his lips. "Nope. I only have one ribbon."

Only one ribbon?

Seeing the dubious look on my face, Nate looked pretty offended. "Hey! No judging! I'm a guy. I don't bring pretty ribbons with me. As for that ribbon, I just saw it on the floor on my way here." He said. I just looked at him and nodded my head slowly. "Yeah...right." I suddenly looked away because I'm pretty sure that Nate might have a sissy fit sooner or later. When I did, my eyes met a set of midnight blue ones. And since this was supposed to be a party, I offered him a small smile of peace.

In that instant, Ace frowned. "Why the heck are you smiling?"

"What?" I asked, suddenly confused about what I might have done to cause Ace to have another period.

"Just because everyone complimented you doesn't mean that I have to do the same. I don't tell lies." He said and looked away.

I frowned at the same time as the rest of the prince seemed to tense up, probably knowing what was about to come.