Chapter 48 His long Trauma

Chapter 48

**Nathaniel**

"You fool!" My father screamed at me before he punched me in the face with a force that sent me to the ground." How dare you break off your engagement! Do you know what that will do to our reputation!?"

I grunted and pulled myself up as I faced my father. "I....don't love Camille!!"

My father glowered at me. "And yet you love that.....that girl!?" The way he said it was so insulting that I wanted to grab him by his neck then and there.

"That girl's name is Kascada, father. And I love her."

He narrowed his gaze at me and I could feel that he's going to strike again. "YOU INGRATE!!!" I was ready for the blow that was about to come when Adam stopped him.

"Father stop!"

My father glared at him. "Don't try and stop me, Adam! Your brother needs to be taught a lesson. He wants to cancel his wedding with Princess Camille because he is in love with another woman. Do you know what sort of embarrassment that will bring to our family!?"

Adam paused and he looked at him, surprise evident on his face. "Really?" He asked me. I nodded.

For a second there, I thought he would let father continue his blow on me but he didn't. Instead, I saw him smile. "That's great!!" Then he turned to father. "Father, you have to let him." Father and I were both shocked at Adam.

"Haven't you heard what I said!?"

"No, father, I heard. But you see." Adam paused and gave me a pleased look before turning to father again. "Little brother here is always following your orders and wishes all his life. Not once had he disobeyed you. Heck, he almost dedicated his life and future just to please you. Why not this once give him the chance to make his own choice. I mean, father, it's his life, his future. Be a father for him once and let him choose his bride."

I was surprised at Adam for saying that but knowing father, he would not hear it. That was why I was surprised when my father gave me one last look before sighing. "Fine." He said. "But just so you know, I will let her live here, but I will never acknowledge her as a family." With that, he was gone leaving me with Adam.

True to his words, my father canceled my arranged marriage with Camille. The king and queen were both understandings. The only one who was not okay with it is princess Camille. But who cares about her opinion? Not me that is for sure.

Soon I introduced Kascada to my family. It wasn't long until our relationship became the talk of the kingdom.

Prince Nathaniel broke off the engagement for the sake of true love.

It sounded cheesy, but it was the truth that I won't deny. Kascada and I have dated for almost a year and a half now. And with time, it was clear that it was she with whom I wanted to spend the rest of my life. That was why I planned the perfect proposal for her. I know how fond Kascada was of table arrangement. So one afternoon, I invited her into one of the vacant rooms with a single table at the center.

I pulled her in front of the table. "Kas, I need your help." I told her and pretended to look worried.

"Sure, Nate. What do you want me to do?" She asked me. Her face looking determined to help that I have to fight the urge to pull her in for a kiss. It'll come later.

I beamed at her and gestured at the table where four names were written on paper. "Tonight, I will have four guests: You, me, Will, and Marry. Can you please arrange our seats?"