Chapter 21 Princess to Prisoner

The moment I woke up, my body felt heavy. I woke up earlier than I intended to.

I wanted to go back to sleep, but my brain won't let me. So I just stayed in bed and only moved when the maids came in to assist. After I had taken a shower and put on some clean clothes, the maids lined up and bowed.

"Princess, we'll be going now. Please call us if you need any more assistance."

"Sure." I responded.

I walked to my bed when I accidentally stepped on something. I almost tripped and fell. Since I was in a pretty bad mood, I almost threw it out of the window in anger. Luckily, I caught sight of it just in time before I threw it out. It was the book that I was trying to read yesterday. It was pretty heavy that I decided to sit on my bed and placed the book on my lap. I traced the golden details of the book and it seemed to radiate life.

But I guess it's just my imagination.

I opened the book as I began to read. This time, my mind was slightly cleared that I was able to comprehend the words.

Decades ago, in the kingdom of Thalia. A kind King and a loving Queen dwelled over the land. Everyone was content and happy. That was until they angered the Gods. It was a day where the kingdom's freshly harvested crops were washed out by a great flood. Almost all of the food was washed away and only a few were left, leaving the citizens of Thalia weak with starvation.

The king decided to divide the remaining food to the citizens. Unfortunately, with the little of what they have and the large population of his kingdom, the food wasn't even enough to last for 2 days. Hunger led to desperation and greed. The people started to sin. They started to steal and kill. So many lives were lost and so much blood was shed. The war lasted for 3 days, it was declared as the Dark Hours, the day where the people were driven mad because of hunger and the blackened sand that was caused by the dried blood and ashes of its citizens.

One day, the King had had enough of the blood spills that he had banished all that was unworthy. Since then, a lot of the people fled the kingdom and lived in separate groups. There, they faced many challenges and have adapted into the wild to survive.

One group has decided to become one with the animals. They studied and imitated their hunting forms and acted like the animals. They were the very first Were people. The second group wandered far into the woods. They have food but water. Their thirst lasted for a week before one of them had decided to drink the blood of an animal, thus making them the first vampires.

The third group was the wisest. They planted their own crops for their living and relied on nature for their daily needs. They gave respect to nature as if it were alive. Soon the spirits of the forest had acknowledged them and given them powers. They became the first elves.

The Fourth decided to work on alchemy. They believe that the magic from their world can be learned through the use of symbols and languages. Through years of studying the alchemy and the elements, the people finally learned how to use it. That was how the warlocks and witches came to.

The Fifth discovered a mountain full of mythical creatures. Creatures forming bonds -

Blah blah blah and the list of supernatural beings went on and on. Explaining how they became this and that. How this happened and that. I yawned and flipped to another page, where the actual story begins. I'll come back and read the rest of the races later.

As years went by, each species had adopted and had become more civilized. Not long enough that they had built their own separate kingdom. Magic had bloomed -

I was still in the middle of reading when the door suddenly burst open. I looked up angrily at the one who had disturb my reading. "What do you want, PRINCE Ace?" I glared at him from my book.