Chapter 58 My Escort is a Snob

Start from the beginning

"You know exactly what I mean!!" I yelled.

Wrong move.

Ace frowned the moment I raised my voice at him, and then his horse seemed to walk a bit faster than I had to jog to keep up with them.

"You soulless freak! What's the big deal!?" I was starting to sweat now. Buy me a rose and throw me in a coffin if you please.

"I am not a mind reader, you barbaric human." Ace said, still not looking at me. "I don't have a clue of what you mean, but unless you say something, then I suppose you can find your way to the palace."

I gasped and gave him an incredulous look. "Are you blackmailing me?" No answer. He just yawned.

"Ace, you son of a pig! And you call yourself a prince. Oh, scratch that. A PRINCE!" Before I could finish what I was about to say, Ace nudged his foot on Midnight's belly, and soon they were on a slow gallop.

I was running now, and Ace didn't seem to care.

"Ace! Hey!" He wasn't listening. He's not even turning around or even paying attention to me. Somehow I felt like this had happened before, and I feel like I know just the thing to do in this situation. I stopped running and took in a deep breath. I cupped my hands to my mouth and screamed. "PRINCE Ace!"

I wasn't sure if it would actually work or not, but it did. Ace stopped.

This snob prince and his stupid PRINCE title!

I ran towards him. I was panting as I watched him climb down from his ride and turn to me. His face looked bored, and he looked down on me.

I was glaring at him with pure hatred. "Did you seriously attempt to leave me just because I don't call you by your title?" I asked through gritted teeth.

Although Ace did not confirm it, I know I was right. With the way, he avoided my gaze and looked into the forest like he didn't hear a thing. I pursed my lips and fisted my hands.

This annoying prick!

Ace tilted his head to the side when the silence seemed to grow thicker. After a few more seconds, he finally sighed. "Look, I hate to pry on your private life, but wouldn't it be better if you talk it out with someone?"

I looked at Ace. Confusion was evident on this face. "What?" Then I suddenly remembered what got us to this in the first place.

"Oh, you mean the reason why I cried – I mean – what would have been the reason if I cried." I quickly corrected myself when I saw him arch an eyebrow at me.

"Yes." He said slowly. "If you want to talk about it to make you feel better, then I will pretend to listen."

"Gee, thanks!" I said sarcastically. "I really appreciate that." But honestly, what Ace said makes sense when you think about it. Maybe if I talk it out with someone, I would feel better. After all, bottling up your emotions is not good for you.

"Alright then." Ace finally said. "I guess you don't want to talk about it." He reached out his hand towards me. "Come on. Let's get out of here."

"I'll tell you." I suddenly said.

"What?"

I looked to the other side and bit the side of my cheeks. "I'll tell you if you'll listen." I cast a glance at Ace to see him nod.

Ace's face scrunched up in disgust like he wanted to take back his offer. Fortunately, he didn't. "Let's go then. You can tell me on the way."

With that, I let Ace help me back on Midnight, and on the way, I told him everything. I started when I got separated from them, when I saw Fred, met Sophie – I kept that info to a minimum though – got attacked by those dark magic people, saved by Fred, had a talk, and ran off and met him.