"Would you consider coming to stay with me?" Percy asked. He was trying to lighten the mood and change the subject. Ayden pushed herself up on the pillow and hugged her knees.

"I'm not sure," she shook her head. "I might have to go on another quest."

"For what?"

"There are some demigods I have to find." Ayden rubbed her eyes. "Potential conduits."

"Who?" Grover asked. "How do you know them?"

"They are the other conduits," Annabeth explained. "But how do you know their names?"

"The primes, they were recruited years ago, but they denied the markings. I've been the only one to accept," Ayden looked over at Percy. "I wanted enough power to save them. Cameron and Ki." Grover stared down at his hands.

"We've got a lot to do this term year," Grover breathed. Ayden nodded. "We need to search for Nico." Ayden went to get out of bed, but Percy put his hand on her shoulder.

"No, we can do that, I will explain when we come back, but you stay here. I mean it." Ayden sighed but relaxed into the bed.

"I can help," She muttered.

"Just rest please," Annabeth gave her a smile as the three of them left the room. Ayden wasn't injured, she felt better. She sat up in bed and swung her legs over the side.

"You aren't supposed to be leaving," Chiron spoke as he walked into the room. Ayden gave him a tight smile.

"Well, they left me unsupervised."

"No, they didn't, they sent me," Chiron chuckled. He moved farther into the room.

"Do you have something for me to do?" Ayden asked. "I don't like sitting here."

"Not for today at least, in time I might have you speak with Clarisse about her mission, but for now just rest. You've gone through a lot," Chiron touched the white piece of Ayden's hair. "How did speaking with Achlys go?"

"Great, I'm gonna die one day," Ayden nodded. "Already knew that so it doesn't change much."

"But you're still hurt?" Ayden rubbed her hands together.

"Yeah," She breathed. "I trusted them. I thought they truly cared for me, but I don't think that anymore. I don't know why I still think it's possible, especially with gods. They all have their own agendas it was naive of me to think otherwise."

"It's okay to hope."

"Not after you've learned time and time again to stop," Ayden shook her head. She took a deep breath. "Doing the same things over and over is the definition of insanity is it not?"

"Your father would like you to return to the Ares cabin," Chiron tried to change the subject. Ayden laughed as she ran a hand through her hair.

"Wow," She stood up and popped her back. "Clarisse is going to love that."

"She's changed," Chiron added, he gave her a grim smile. "You will see. You have a place here, I promise you that." She gave him a concerned look.

"Thank you, Chiron," He bowed his head and left the infirmary. Ayden looked at the bed and then she too left the infirmary.

She walked passed the cabins, several Ares kids were moving in and out of their cabin. They seemed to be in a hurry like they had somewhere to be or to go. Ayden walked down the long path. She didn't see any Demeter children on the path. She saw the cabin as the trees cleared out.

She stood there staring at the dead plants buried behind the wood building. She moved around them and stared at the stone garden boxes Cameron had made when they first met. She moved around the side of the cabin and went inside seeing nothing had changed. She wondered for a moment if other children had come in at any point. If anyone other than Cameron herself had visited the cabin.