"Yes, the  Olympians are like that."

"Your new friends too," Ki crossed his arms. "You have strong connections Ayden, but they are still gods. They will not save you."

"So that's what this is," Ayden stifled a laugh. "It's not their job to constantly save me." The rocks shifted on Ayden's back making her grimace.

"Call your family, Ayden. Have them save you because no one else is coming. Not Percy, not Annabeth, not your father, Cameron nor I will help you, no one." Ayden closed her eyes as she took a deep breath. She just kept repeating that she was fine and this was just like hard training. She was fine and this was training. She had to hold out a little longer.

***

Another day had passed.

"Here we are," Ki clapped his hands together as she showed his prize. Ayden didn't open her eyes she didn't move. If she moved this sky would crush her and she couldn't risk that. She had to stay still.

"I refuse." Ayden knew the voice, but she still didn't open her eyes.

"Are you saying that you won't save a Maiden? Artemis?" Ki asked. He almost sounded surprised by Artemis's refusal.

"You said it yourself, no one is coming to save me." Hayden wanted to laugh. They had to pick the one person who had actually shot her in the back. She was going to die under the sky. The one thing she wanted was to be able to see a few stars if she did. To her the sky looked like a boulder, if it was going to crush her she needed to see a few constellations first.

"Let them sit in each other's company," Atlas came forward. She couldn't see him since she was too far under the sky to move her head. Ki and he left Artemis with Ayden as she struggled.

"Do you understand what you're doing?" Artemis glared at the other girl. She could see the blood running from her nose and ears. She could see how pale her skin had become. 

"Yes."

"And you took it?" Artemis looked over her shoulder at the others as they talked near the golden sarcophagus. 

"Annabeth took it," Ayden grimaced as she looked up. She saw the chains around the goddess' ankles and wrists. "I would say go save her, but you clearly aren't good at being a goddess."

"If you were nicer maybe I would help you." Both of them were silent. "The blood from your eyes, do you know where that's from?"

"I'm dying."

"Misery." Artemis studied the girl. She could see the symbols peaking out under her sleeves as she fought for her life. Ayden barely shifted as she stared at the goddess. "It's from Achlys. She healed you from my arrow."

"She did."

"That's taken part of your life. You do understand that right?"

"I didn't have much choice." Ayden grimaced as the rock shifted. She let out a long grumble as her bones ached.

"I gave you that choice. Die by my hand and be free. you are the one that doomed yourself to this life, to this situation." Ayden wanted to flip her off and if she had a free hand she would, but she settled for glaring at the goddess instead. "You have no idea what you are doing. You don't understand what the primordial gods are like."

"If they help me save my friends I could care less," Ayden closed her eyes once more pushing out another stream of blood from her tear ducts.

"You should care more for your future." Artemis's chains dug across the ground as she moved closer.