Chapter 6 - The Beast's First Adventure in the New World

Outskirts of E-Rantel
A cool breeze swept through the air and the trees lightly swayed from side to side. Birds chirped and flew through the blue sky as beautiful white clouds drifted overhead. A bee collected nectar from a flower and a colourful butterfly flew over the lush green grass.

As the beautiful scenery was on display a group of seven walked on the gravel road. One man sat on a cart pulled by a brown horse. Its muscles flexed with each step it took as gravel crunched against the ground as hooves made impact. Peter and Lukrut the Pig walked on the right side of the carriage as the two chatted. On the left side were Ninya and Dyne who were having a deep discussion involving magic.

Nphirea who sat on the cart looked back behind them as Dimitri and Nabe walked not to far behind the cart.

Dimitri seemed to be in a deep discussion with Nabe as the woman ever intently stared at the man with complete focus.

Dimitri: And that's when Nishikienrai-

Dimitri noticed Nphirea looking at him but the kid quickly turned his head back in embarrassment.

Nphirea: Um, Peter?

Peter who had just finished speaking with Lukrut the Pig looked up at Nphirea.

Peter: Yes?

Nphirea: Um, why don't we take a break around this area

Peter: Good idea!

Near by sat a small creek that went down stream as pebbles sat on either side. On the opposite side of the creek a deer was busy having a drink to notice the humans who approached. Fish swam down stream and the water sparkled from the sunshine that reflected off the clear blue surface.

The group stopped by the creek. Some of the group filled their water pouches as others sat down for a moment of rest.

Peter approached Dimitri.

Peter: Sir Dimitiri, things are going to become more dangerous from here on out

Dimitri: Don't worry about us, we'll be just fine. However please do be careful yourselves. After all I'm relying on your group to guard Nphirea in case of an attack

Peter nodded in determination. He wasn't going to let Sir Dimitri down.

Dimitri looked on in the distance.

Dimitri: 'I'm not used to holding back. It'll be a pain having to act weaker than I really am, but what can I do. I can't very well let them see my true self. *eyes the group* they're still useful to me.. well most of them are anyways'

Dimitri looked towards Nabe who had stuck one of her hands in the water and watched as it ran between her fingers.

Dimitri: 'She must not be used to the outside world. Of course neither am I. This still doesn't feel real. I just wish Kagero could have seen this place. I can only imagine how cute she would have been seeing the blue sky while the birds chirped and flew overhead. I wonder how she'd react to breathing in the fresh air and seeing real flowers blossoming and not just plastic ones that filled people's porches and balconies as they tried to give off the feeling of actually living in a world pollution free'

Dimitri shook his head he had no need for those thoughts.

Dimitri approached Nabe who had looked at him with a frown as she most likely seen a flash of discomfort spread across his face as he thought of his sister.

Dimitri: Do not be so worried Nabe, everything will be fine. I'll be fine

Dimitri cupped Nabe's cheek as he ran a finger across her cheek bone and Nabe closed her eyes and leaned into the touch. Normally Dimitri wouldn't do this but perhaps this would stop Lukrut the Pig from trying anything. Plus he wasn't unaware of how Nabe felt about him. The smell was practically radiating off of her. She deserved a small bit of affection and perhaps more if she did a good job with this mission.