弐つ || Devils Remorse

"You'll be living with me now, makes watching you easier."

There was a bit of an uncomfortable silence between the three. Y/N just ignored the conversation for the most part, paying attention to everything else.

Y/N would have gotten home faster if she took her normal route but since Aki's apartment was pretty close, she decided to join the two on their walk.

"FYI, I've been instructed to kill you should you run."

Aki's just gotta make the silence that much uncomfortable doesn't he?

"Hey... You think Miss Makima is bad?"

If Denji was asking Y/N, her first response would be no. Now would she have a valid reason for thinking as such? No. Not really.

But ever since she met Makima, she knew she was... strange from the start, there was just something fundamentally unnerving with her. But she reminded her of her mother too much for her to run away. Gentle and soft-spoken so she never said anything about it.

It could also be her hypersensitivity from that... Thing she contracted. With all that being said, that wasn't enough evidence for her to say that her boss was bad at all.

"If she's that then I'm sure you should just give up on her. You are a devil, be grateful that you're alive, hunting your kind is what we do." Aki shrugged.

That was really rude... Aki was jealous wasn't he? That was literally all Y/N could think about because let the damn man dream for a bit. Maybe he'll actually get together with Makima and warm her heart or something.

"Then... Miss Makima is good?" Denji inquires, a bit confused but clearly curious. It was nice to see someone fully unaware of devil's and stuff like that. It made Y/N feel better about life.

"That should go without saying, how could she be anything less when she saved my life?" Aki replied.

Y/N never really got to hear the story of how Makima saved his life. One day she might bring it up since he seems like he'd be a good story teller.

"Yeah... She's good... I hope I can hug her again someday."

"HUH!?"

Y/N laughed, almost wheezing after what he said. He was definitely delusional for Makima and it was hilarious. 

After what seemed to be another argument from the two which thankfully didn't end in fighting, they had safety gotten to the apartment. So Y/N was surprised when they didn't enter the building just because she was walking away.

"Huh? Where are you going?"

"I don't live with here Denji, I live further down."

"Aw..."

"Well... Why don't you just come visit tonight?" Aki started, averting his face away from her all of a sudden.

Y/N tilted her head towards Aki, not expecting him to say something like that.

"If you want me to, sure."

"Thanks, I'm pretty sure I'll lose my mind if I don't have someone else with me and this punkass."

"That's great! I- Hey!"

-CHAINSAW MAN-

"Got some strawberry jam, plum jam, orange marmalade-" Denji kept going on, listing different jams that Y/N had pulled out when he asked for some toast. Y/N and Aki both weren't expecting him to be so happy over some jam and bread but it was nice. Maybe he's just never had toast before. Y/N can remember when she acted a bit similar.