12|Trouble In Paradise?

Start from the beginning

"I can only imagine how you feel.Hailey, promise me you won't do anything dangerous?"

"I need time to process everything. Thanks for letting me know, will get in touch tomorrow " throwing myself on my bed, not minding I was still in my semi dampened uniform. I hardly heard the knock on my door nor the figure approaching, until he sat on the bed beside me.

"What happened? What did you hear or see?" Chase held my back running his palms over the fabric.

"He cheated. With the same girl he told me not to worry about. He freaking cheated on me! " Spat the words out like venom.

"Oh Hailey, come here" he held me , comforting me. He didn't say anything, just sat with me on the bed lending me a shoulder to cry on and let out every frustration built inside.

"He never meant a word he said. And here I was, thinking I've finally found the one - my first ever. Jokes on me, right?" Cynical isn't it.

"That's his lose babygirl, you deserve better" I thought he was my better , look where it got me? To think I was finally beginning to experience love with him, and this is what he does. Screw you Jared! Screw the time I ever imagined my life with you forever.

"The best part about all these, I am not stupidly and blindly in love with him. I'll be alright, it'll be fine. I just need to dust all these off and move on. Love was never meant for me neither was I meant for it" wiping tears off my face.

"Shushhh, it's okay to feel downhearted. All things happen for a reason, something greater and better awaits you. There's a better person out there waiting for you"

"I think I'm fine being alone, I was happier without any of this, but see what happens when I chose to give love a chance? " Should've stuck to my first rule : No boys until college. I learnt the hard way.

"You'll be fine, in the end you'll look back and laugh over it" Chase is the best, don't know how he does it, he makes everything better. Listening to him, it didn't sting as much anymore.

"Thank you for being here always. I can't thank you enough, knowing you is so much more"

"I feel electrified having you in my life, forever till whenever baby" I smiled genuinely, he excused me to get changed and fix myself before begining our studying. He didn't wanna, I insisted cause I needed the distraction.

"I'm glad it happened you know" in the middle of studies he told me. Raising a brow at him, what is he on about now?

"And why's that?" I should have just remained silent.

"Because baby girl, your heart, mind, body and soul yearns for another. Jared was just someone you liked, it was infatuation with him" not again.

"Blah blah blah. I can't hear you"

"I'll be here to remind you" even if what he said about Jared was true, it still didn't mean I liked Mr Torres in that way. I admit I get a little excited in his presence, it was mere teenage stuff. I could never have anything with him, he was my teacher - circumstances and the odds were totally against us.

••

Hailey, you're the best version of yourself, a lot of people want to be. Boy or not, it doesn't define you or your worth. He lost a treasure, better things went this way than investing a lot more and getting hit in the most undeserving ways possibly. Hence, I smothered my uniform - retouched my lipgloss, double checked my uniform before heading out. Met only Mom who told me Dad was busy in his office, and I had to leave him a warm message with Mom then I was off.

Today might be good or not, I don't care much , I was moving according to my speed. And God help me should he try to show up in school, I literally would snub his arse. I can never take a word he says, once a liar always a liar. Was it me or not, the ride to school was the fastest I've ever been in. I might be wrong, just saying.