I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket for like the third time in a row.

I knew exactly who it was, and why they were calling, and I didn't wanna answer.

I knew the paparazzi had gotten a hold of a few pictures of Me and Nia tonight, and I knew they saw that big ass ring I put on her finger.

I didn't care though, I wasn't ashamed.

Even though I was technically married to Mina, I'd found an amazing Israeli lawyer who saw some flaws in Mina's documentation, so that was gonna be voided very quickly.

Everything was finally going right, everything I needed to, and I didn't need Mina messing up anything.

I felt the phone vibrate for the last time before it stopped. Maybe she'd finally stop calling.

"What're you thinking about?" Nia dropped her head on my shoulder and turned her head so it was in the crook of my neck, and she was leaving soft kisses all over my jaw and ear.

"Nothing. You good?"

"You're lying, but I'm g-great, thanks for tonight baby." She stuttered with a huge drunk smile on her face.

My baby was so cute.

I tucked a straight strand of hair that had come untucked from her ponytail behind her ear and pecked her lips.

"You know you deserve it. I love you baby."

"I love you too. Wait my phone's ringing, someone's calling me." She tapped Hershey, who stood up and let Nia stand up. She grabbed her phone from her bra and answered it.

I don't know why though, she could barely hear.

"Hold on Chris, I'll be back." She held up a finger and started to walk away.

Hell nah, I wasn't tryna lose her tonight. That shit would really kill my vibe.

"Excuse me Hershey." I stood up and followed Nia, who had one hand covering her ear, and the other glued to her ear.

I reached her and wrapped an arm around her neck.

"Who're you talking to?" I grabbed the phone from her and looked down at the unknown caller ID.

"Hello? Who is this?"

"Chris?" Mina cried into the phone.

God damn!

"What the hell do you want? Why're you calling my girl's phone for?"

"Fuck you Chris! I should kill you for embarrassing me like you did today! You proposed to her?! You know we're married, what the hell?!" Mina screamed into my ear.

I fought the urge to hang up as I led Nia to the bathroom. I was gonna end this shit once and for all tonight.

"Christopher?! Are you listening to me? Answer me damn it!"

"Stop yelling at me! Listen Mina, I don't know how many times I can say this to you. I don't want you, I don't wanna be with you, I don't wanna marry you, I don't want you to have my kids, I don't want shit to do with you, and neither does my fiancé. Now I'm begging you Mina, leave us alone before I have you arrested for murder, and I'm not playing with you."

I hung up and tucked Nia's phone into one of my pockets.

"That was Mina? Why'd she call me?"

"I didn't answer her calls." We walked into the exclusive VIP bathroom, laid out with different candies, waters, soaps, lotions.

I pulled out my phone and took a seat on the ottoman they put in here.

I had over twenty eight missed calls from Mina, and about fifty texts. I scrolled to the top of the texts, they just seemed to get crazier as I went along.

First she was angry with me, then herself for even allowing herself to get angry over a no good nigga like me, and then she was crying asking why I didn't want her anymore.

I couldn't help but feel bad for her. Had I made her like this? Had all the lies finally amounted to this?

"I'm so drunk babe." Nia laughed as she just stared at herself in the mirror, examining her face.

"Me too. All I wanna do is drink and fuck."

"So let's go home." Nia's eyes connected with mine in the mirror.

Shit, she didn't even have to say it twice.

"You lead the way Mrs. Brown."

She smiled and walked over to me. "I love the way that sounds."

"Me too."

We walked out of the bathroom and back to the VIP section to tell Fab we were dipping.

I felt my phone vibrate again as Nia led me through the crowd. I pulled it out and read the text that popped up on my screen.

This is it. I can't take it anymore. I'm sorry I'm such a burden on you, I just loved you so much Christopher. - Mina Tran

What'd she mean this is it? Was she gonna kill herself? Mina was dramatic, but was she that dramatic?

It was my business, but it really wasn't anymore. I'd done all I could do for her, now I needed to just let it go and start building with my fiancé.

I couldn't focus on the past anymore, and I needed to leave Mina far in it.