"And I asked you to trust me."

"And I did."

"I never told you why." Lucas took Vin's hand's into his own, his eyes fixed on them.

"It was important to you, I never needed a reason."

"But, there was one." Lucas gnawed at his lip, drawing a deep inhale. "My family... we're seers. Well, sort of. I mean, my niece is a true seer, really intuitive. I'm not as much, but still-" He felt himself rambling, and sighed, trying to redirect his thoughts. "I went to Oakhill because I had a dream. A nightmare, really. Er- a prophecy, I guess."

"Do you have prophetic dreams often?"

Lucas shook his head.

"Only on the full moon. My abilities are too weak, otherwise. Honestly, I don't recall ever even having one until I fell pregnant."

Vin nodded, taking a moment to process it, then, with sharp realization, his eyes darted to Lucas's face.

"Wait, did you have a dream last night?" His heart began to race as anxiety tingled throughout his body.

Lucas slowly lifted his gaze to meet Vin's. He looked slightly unsure, but not frightened, and that small observation set Vin's heart at ease.

"What was it?" Vin pressed, his hand softly caressing Lucas's cheek. "What did you dream about?"

"It's going to sound insane." Lucas sighed through a half laugh. "I don't really know how to explain it. It was all so... strange."

"Strange?" Vin tucked a strand of disheveled hair behind the werewolf's ear.

Lucas was quiet for a moment. Even in his mind, it felt difficult to believe, and part of him was reluctant to tell Vin, but he couldn't keep it from him. He didn't want to.

Gathering himself, he opened his mouth to speak.

"I saw them, Vin." Lucas's eyes flickered briefly, his face softening as he faded into the memory of his dream. "I... I held him."

"Lucas, what are you talking about?" Vin's brows creased, eyes furiously flitting across his features. Then, he felt Lucas tug his hand over to the rounded swell of his middle, pressing it firmly in place. His gaze darted between Lucas's eyes and the bump between them.

A small smile pulled at the corners of Lucas's lips.

"It was hazy, but... it felt so real."

"Wait, Lucas," Vin gulped, "are you telling me that you saw our baby?" His heart thumped heavily.

Lucas nodded, choking out a giddy laugh.

"I did." He grinned. "And he was beautiful."

"He?" Vin's eyes widened.

Lucas nodded, golden eyes misting over, as Vin's gaze dropped to the lycan's belly. His hand fell from the werewolf's cheek, brushing against his middle, and holding it firmly.

"A boy? Are you sure?"

"As sure as I can be." Lucas replied.

"A boy..." Vin whispered, his breath catching in his throat. "Our perfect little prince."

Vin glanced up at Lucas, a radiant smile on his blushing face. He could hardly contain his excitement. With a wave of impulse, he wrapped his arms around Lucas's neck, pulling him close.

"Ss- Ow, Vin." Lucas hissed lightly, causing Vin to quickly withdraw.

"Sorry, sorry." Vin apologized, wiping a dewy tear from his cheek. "I'll make your tea and get your bath ready."