CHAPTER 12 : The Unexpected Guest

Start from the beginning

He is nearly the same age as mine. So, we are kind of friends after business.

“Kim Hyunsoo!” I said closing my eyes, not looking in his direction. I could feel my neck and ears getting red.

He chuckled a little.
“Okay! I'm sorry, Mr. Jeon. I'll go now.” he said taking his leave while smiling teasingly.
I heard the clicking sound of the door. I rested my back on the chair, a small rested on my lips.

'There will be someone who will wait for me.'
My smile widened at the thought.

****
Right now,  I'm driving my car going back home. It's already half past eleven, and I'm actually late. Mrs. Ahn messaged me that she left the home three hours ago, and informed me about my dinner. I texted her back with a good night.

I stopped the car and went inside the house. I removed my coat as soon as I stepped into my room. I loosened the tie knot, unbuttoned the top two buttons of my shirt. Before I could unbutton others, I heard the sound of doorbell.

I halted my movements.
'Who's here at this hour?'
I thought looking at the time. 11:49 PM. I quickly walked downstairs and opened the door to only see an unexpected face.

“Ara?” I said being shocked.
Of course, I didn't expected her to stand at my doorstep at this hour.

She smiled warmly at me. She is wearing a woollen-sweater-kinda-top, with black jeans and a muffler around her neck.

“Hey, Jungkook! I'm sorry for showing up at this hour.” she said, hesitating a little after seeing my shocked face, or maybe, looking at my appearance.

“Ohh! No... No... Ara. It's not the deal. Please come inside.” I said and moved aside to let her come inside.

She came inside and that's when I notice a small suitcase with her. She noticed me looking at her suitcase,  maybe, and that's why she said, “Actually, can I stay here for two days? I had some paperwork with my last client here in Seoul. So, can I stay... only if you don't mind?”

“Of course, Ara. Why would I mind? You can stay here how much time you want. It's your home.” I said while helping her carrying her suitcase.

She chuckled at me and then I realized what I said.
'Oh my God! She must be thinking that I'm flirting with her. Why am I so dumb?' I cursed myself internally, while keeping my head down.

I walked her towards the guest room and put her suitcase near the bed.

“You can arrange your clothes there.” I said pointing at the the cupboard.
“And this room is all yours, for now.”I continued.
'Because you will be sharing my room with me after marriage.' I wanted to say it out loud but I was too flustered.

'I'm not good at flirting.'

“Okay!” She replied while smiling.

“You just came back from office?” She said raising her eyebrow at me.

I looked down at myself and I realized that I was looking very much messy in my office shirt, loosened tie and messy hair.
'I'm actually dumb.'

“Well, yeah. I just came back. I was going to take shower when you came.” I said being embarrassed at my appearance.
“You can go take a shower and later we will meet at the kitchen for dinner.” I said while making my way towards the door.

“Yeah, sure,” she said and started unpacking her suitcase.

I moved towards the exit.
“I'm not gonna allow him to come this much late after marriage.” she muttered to herself, but I heard it.

I quickly left the room and started walking towards my room with that stupid smile resting on my lips.
'Oh! Believe me girl, I'll never come home late after marriage.'
I blushed at my own thought.

After the shower, we both met at the dining table. I served the dinner and we both ate while eating. I asked about her paper work for which she was here and how she felt after working with different people. She asked me about my work and I told her about my new product which I'm going to launch. She said that she is so proud of me the way I'm handling such a great job, with a great responsibility.

Soon we finished eating and I took the plates to the sink and started washing them.

She stood beside me and said,“Let me help you, Jungkook.”

No, it's ok Ara. I can do it—
She cutted me off, “No, it's ok.

She said and started helping me with dishes. She stood close to me and my heart would actually skipped beats whenever her hand touched mine, while taking the utensils from me.
'I have hugged her a lot of time. It's weird that I'm reacting so much at these small touches. I'm going insane.'

We cleaned the kitchen and walked out.
“Okay, Jungkook, it's already midnight. So, I'll see you in the morning. Good Night.” she said, smiling warmly at me.

'Her smile is gorgeous.'
“Good Night, Ara.” I said and we both parted our ways to our respective room.

“Don't forget to click that small star button

“Don't forget to click that small star button. Thank you.”