Chapter 6: Coronation Preparations

Get into the scene here:

Despite Mani's inner turmoil, time passes much quicker, it seems. The night grows longer due to Sol's excitement, wanting to rush the day. By the time a week is up, Mani's anxiety has only increased in rival to his sister's excitement. The two walk alongside each other in the woods on the way to the palace with Sol practically skipping. 

 "Could you stop that?" he asks in irritation. 

 "Stop what?" she questions in a bubbly manner. 

 "That! It's bad enough you dragged us into this and made me work my arse off all week because of it, but do you have to be so chipper?" 

She laughs. 

 "Oh, lighten up geezer! It'll be fun! Who knows..you might even score for a change." 

He scowls, eyeing her. 

 "Can I ever go one day without you rubbing that in my face?" 

 "Where's the fun in that, brother dearest?" she mocks sweetly, making him roll his eyes. 

 "Fine, fine... let's just get this over with so-" 

 "Ah, the Mundilfari children." 

The two both freeze at the sudden voice. A voice they both know all too well. 

Mani, already irritated, watches as Sol whips around with a grin. 

 "Heimdall! Long time no see!" 

 "...was that a pun?" he questions. 

Sol nods. 

"..I like it. Although, you're not wrong. I haven't seen either of you since you were little. My--you've both grown." 

"Yeah...I'm going to find Frigga," Mani declares, putting his hood over his head and entering the palace.

Heimdall raises a brow. 

 "Don't mind him. He's just grumpy!" Sol says with a smile.

He chuckles. 

 "Some things never change." 

Get into the scene here:

Mani treads to the palace garden, expecting to locate Frigga but instead is greeted by the prince and his friends. He hears their laughter just in time to duck behind a column before they can see him. The five seem to laugh about in celebration, making their way inside the palace. Per his usual instinct, Mani cowers in the shadows as they pass him without realizing it. After a minute or so, he steps out from his hiding place with a deep sigh and turns to head in through the garden. 

However, his course of action is cut in execution by nearly running into someone's chest. He quickly recoils in apology without hesitation, most likely under the assumption it's a guard. 

 "Oh! My apologies, I hadn't seen-" he's cut off by making eye contact with him--the young prince. Loki. 

Mani feels his face heat in embarrassment as he quickly goes to bow. 

 "There's no need for that," Loki says calmly. 

He glances around for a moment, noticing that the space Mani came from was just behind a column.