Fears (second part of Cole's Closet Story)

Mostly used, when they were fighting over Nya.

Or.. when Jay fought over Nya, while Cole fought his sexual orientation.

He gulped.

Swallowed back the tears, that were forming again.

"Yeah, ever since Shintaro, you act weird. Is it because if Vania?", Kai teased.

Cole got dizzy. "No.", he pressed out.

"Uhh, so little Cole has a crush, he?", Lloyd wiggled his eyebrows.

Well Cole didn't see him wiggle them, but he always wiggles them, while teasing others.

Cole in fact didn't see anything, as he had his eyes closed.

He expected the next punch coming from Jay but his best friend was unexpectatly quiet.

"Come on, Cole. Don't try to hide it from us", Kai went on. "You woke us up in the middle of the night for that. Might as well just tell us"

That was, when Cole exploded. Mentally. "I did not wake you up. It was Nya"

"Technically", she said in a defending tone. "But I was just worried about you. You looked SICK out there. And you don't look better now. So, Kai, Lloyd, whatever it is that Cole is going through, it's definitley not a reaction to a crush"

They were so close. So close to the truth.

But they should never know. Never!

"It's just, Shintaro's been pretty much a ride of emotions. When I found Gleck in my bed room with my mom's necklace, the skull sorcerer, my mother being their praised hero many years ago, the spinjitzu burst... It...", Cole almost mentioned Vania in his excuses.

But he decided that no girl ever should be used to hide his gay panic.

Not like Nya.

He would never hurt a girl again, so fuck that "he could settle down with a nice girl and live a lie and blah blah"

In which God forgotten universe would that be fair to anyone?!

So, he must die a single. Lonely.

It wasn't like gay couples or even marriages weren't a thing in Ninjago.

But they still were eyed different.

Seen as "not normal". And if Cole couldn't allow himself anything than it was being "not normal".

His father would disgrace and disown him.

Hate him. Being disgusted by his mere existence.

And his friends... his friends... they probably would never understand also. And it would never be the same again.

They would always feel weird in his presence, thinking he would hit on them, a chlichè, because being gay doesn't mean you hit on ANY man.

A terrible, terrible chlichè, that would bring a splinter into their friendship...

They will eventually leave him and then...

And then...

Then...

It wasn't until he felt Jay rubbing his back, that he noticed he had started crying.

What first must have came out as silent tears quickly turned into sobs, once Cole the expressions on his friends beuatiful faces.

They wouldn't look so worried about him, if they knew the truth.

The walls suddenly came in and Cole sank to the ground, Jay with him, rubbing his back.