Chris Edward's manager Alex recently handed out a contract with a confident look on his face.

As he was watching all the time, he was convinced that he couldn't miss it, and he was able to persuade the headquarters.

"This amount of down payment is absolutely ridiculous."

It wasn't a lie.

It was an amount that was hard to imagine being given to an unknown singer in Asia.

This is a contract that only local singers who are quite popular in the state would receive.

But I refused.

Because my goal is not the billboard.

Alex was very embarrassed.

He only worried about how much to invest, but he didn't know that the investment would be rejected at all.

Still, Alex didn't give up, and he asked me to come to him if he wanted to expand into the United States someday.

Well, I don't know.

If I want to enter the US market, it's easier to use a distributor.

"But didn't I tell clearly? I have no intention of signing a contract."

"Managers interpret it this way. Lack of money!"

"Well, it's not wrong. Anyway, take care."

I smiled and shook hands with Eddie.

He said he has to go back to the U.S. because he had a big shot scheduled with HBO, and that he was going to look for the performers I had given him.

For your information, Eddie knows everything that's going on in Coming Up Next.

As I expected, he received a request for negative feedback when reviewing <Forked Road>.

Of course, it was unthinkable.

Did you think that the #1 songwriter on Billboard would obediently comply with such a request?

Thanks to this, Eddie is able to no-show the few remaining filming schedules and return.

He said he didn't like it.

Well, I also understand PD Kang Seok-woo's feelings.

Because he's a businessman.

"Sion, I hope to see you in America."

"Okay."

I thought we had said our final goodbyes, but Eddie, who had been far away for a while, came back.

"why? Did you leave something behind?"

"You're a little weird."

"Do you feel a sense of closeness?"

"No, I think it's strange that you're nervous."

"......?"

"A musician with your level of talent doesn't need to fret. There is no need to be afraid, and there is no need to calculate."

The words continue.

"Just throw it away. The public may seem indifferent at first glance, but that is absolutely not the case. There will be so many people in the world who will recognize the essence of your music. Like me."

I smiled and nodded at Eddie's words.

"Okay."

My life is such that I can't sell 200 million copies without freaking out.