Halsin

I am not sure what to expect as I walk through the tunnel into this little cut off corner of the island. So many people, Tieflings I am reminded as I walk through, following Wyll and a Tiefling named Zevlor. He is talking to Wyll about the goblins as we follow the dirt cutting into thick green grass on either side into a massive cave cut out of the mountain. Torches light the inside, wood stack together creating ladders to help them climb the rocks creating another level. A dwarf selling goods stands begrudgingly watching everyone come and go. He says nothing as we pass by, and Wyll darts forward to a group of younglings practicing their fighting. 

"Halsin can be found below, just follow that path there. If you need anything, I'll be here, or you can follow this path," he points behind him to a ladder leading to a lower level. "Food, provisions, whatever you need." He pauses, following the path to wherever Halsin might be. "The Grove, the Circle, is that way. The Druids can sometimes be," he looks between the three of us. "Untrusting. Unwelcoming." 

"Do you not wish to join us? Perhaps we can team up together to get rid of these things." I point to my eyeball, indicating the worms inside our heads. 

Wyll shakes his head. "No," he looks behind him, to the Tieflings in the chasm below. "They need someone here to protect them." Shadowheart scoffs behind me. I understand where she is coming from. How can these Tieflings be so weak. Even without my memories I can tell that this is dangerous place, an unforgiving land. I'm grateful for the power I have realized I possess, because I can't imagine surviving without them, I look towards Shadowheart and Astarion, and I think the same. I tersely nod and head down the spiral to the Inner Circle of the Druids who call this place home.  I am starting to feel the effects of letting the vampire drink from me as we approach the archway towards the bottom. 

I stumble, but Astarion is quick on his feet and slides his hands on my shoulders steadying me. I feel how close he is as Shadowheart approaches the guards dressed in green feathering and hide armor. I feel as his chin pushes through my white hair, his chin tingling the spot just behind my ear. My breath catches as his hands slide down my shoulders, down my arms. I can feel his icy skin through the thin fabric of my shirt. "Easy darling," his lips brush against my ear, sending a pleasured shockwave down my spine. Shadowheart talks with the guards below, and Astarion pushes me gently, almost throwing me off balance. I turn to glare at him, but he is gone, I shift and scurry down the natural staircase.

I wonder about everything that has happened, the power, the delight. I want more of it. I want more...I shake the thought away as redness creeps up my neck and I look away from Astarion's fit back, the lines of his biceps clear beneath the thin cotton of his shirt. I wonder what he looks like under his leathers. I find myself thinking about the night before, of his chest covered in my own blood. I swallow the strange feeling down as Shadowheart pushes past the guards, a smaller Druid leads the way towards a slab of magic concrete that shuts off the cave from the rest of the Grove. The other Druids stare down at me, their eyes ablaze with the power of nature, and not friendly.  

Inside the grove, it is breathtakingly beautiful. The plant life, the animals running around happily. It is truly remarkable to see something so untouched by the spoils of civilization. I can appreciate why the Druids are so particular and protective. I feel in my heart that if I had something that important to me, I would protect me with my life as well. I steal a glance towards Astarion, and quickly look away. The Druid dwarf ahead of my party walks up to the magical portcullis as it rises with no clear indication of how it operates. Inside is much darker, the torches are sparse, yet something around me glows, illuminating my skin. I understand suddenly it is because of my Elf heritage, as I am a High Elf like Astarion. More and more come back to my memory, the history of the Elves, my own history. A pounding headache thrums through my veins, and I am suddenly very tired.