𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

"Whyyy in the hell would you not say anything? I would've shot you next"

Joe laughs at my panicked expression as he sits the spatula on the counter

"At least I know the kids are safe with you"

"You been knew that. Don't play with me"

I signal for him to give me the spatula back. Joe holds it out but at a distance, forcing me to lean over the counter. Once we're face to face, he smirks.

"Hi"

I roll my eyes and snatch the utensil out his hand. Going back to the stove, I check on my noodles before adding a little butter.

"Why'd you stop? I was enjoying the concert"

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be somewhere having a nightcap?"

"I'm home having a nightcap if you'd join me"

Ah shit

I take my noodles off the stove, bowl them then add my seasonings. Joe pours us something to drink and we take a seat at the counter.

"What went wrong?"

I hand him a fork and he eats some of the noodles.

"She reminds me of that woman from the Parent Trap"

I look at him in horror before eating some noodles. I chew in confusion before turning back to him.

"How did she even get a date if.."

"People are good at pretending"

I nod in agreement. Everyone has an agenda nowadays.

The dating ring is a cesspool and again, he hasn't had much luck.

"Honestly, and this is just my opinion, you should stop looking at the moment. Take this time to just enjoy ya kids and time to yourself. You just got divorced, there is no need to put yourself back out there yet. Most of the time the person who's meant for you drops in ya life unexpectedly. Stop trying to rush- YOU ATE ALL MY NOODLES"