chapter 3

Guys if I give you two colours and asked you to make a choice which one it will be and why.

A) Black🖤

B) White

Black and white
What is the first thing that comes in your mind.

Mere ko toh chess board aaya.

Aarohi
With a few words he cut the call.
Was I wrong in judging him.

Giving him a chance won't hurt right?
Hey bhagwan ab sab tumhare hawale. You will choose the best for me.
He tolerated my tantrums.
Even after the way I behaved with him he is willing to give us a chance.

'Shayad Maine hi jaldi ki usse judge karne meh.'

'Ab jab tum mujhe doctor ke paas nahi le jaa rahe ho then I will think about your proposal.' I said with a smile.

Friends I put forward my hand which he accepted with a smile. Then dropped me at my father's office.

'Bye'
I waved him as he took off for his office.

Veer was standing there with a teasing smile. I ignored him and pressed the elevator to my father's floor. He was continuously bombarding me with questions.

How was the date?
What did you talk about?
Is he a gentleman or a badboy?
Did he like you? If yes then he surely has a weird taste.

You. I hit him on his arm
'Ouch sis I was just joking don't take it seriously. You are the best sister one could get. If he doesn't like you then he surely is a blind man to reject such a talented gorgeous beauty.'

'Oh stop buttering me. This time what do you want me to convince dad.'

'You are great sister. I love you. So so so much. I want funds to download a German technology.'

How much?

Five.....
Lakhs?
No.... crore.. I need five crore.

Dad won't agree. I said immediately.
'Sis please try it's the last step for my everlasting dream. He will listen to you.'

'No he won't. I'm sure no words of mine can convince him to invest such a big amount in your dream project.'

'So what will I do now.' He asked messing his already messed hair.

'I have put so much of my time, efforts. It will all go in vain.' He was so stressed. I pulled him in my cabin and made him sit on my couch. I passed him a glass of water which he drank in 2 big gulps. He was crying. I have never seen him cry  after he touched puberty.

I sat in my seat got the cheque book from my drawer and signed him a cheque for 5 crore.

Take this. I fanned the cheque on his face.

'Sis you no I can't  take such a big amount from you.'

'Take it. There is no difference if I give it to you or dad. What is important is you have to use this money wisely and make us proud. Return it to  me in 10 no 20 years time with no interest. Ok.'

'Sis I will take your money on one condition.'

And that is

'You will be the owner of my latest technology. The patent will be signed in my name but the profit I will earn. 60% of it  will be taken by you. If you agree....'

'No veer. I can't. You have worked day and night to make this work. I...'

'Sis please. When no one trusted me you supported me. It's all thanks to you today my dream is coming into reality. You have a major contribution in it. Please accept it 🙏.'

'Fine if that's what you want. I will open a joint account in our name with the money you send me and whenever you feel the need to utilise it for different reasons feel free to do so without contacting me.'

'No sis everything will take place systematically.'

He took a paper from my drawer and wrote something with his sign on the bottom. I read it. My eyes watered reading it.

Is it really necessary?
It is.
'How come I didn't notice my veer getting so big.'

'Sis stop being emotional. Otherwise I will also cry.'

Come here. We hugged each other.

What's going on over here?

Dad

'What dad. I was waiting for my darling daughter to tell me how the date went instead of coming into my cabin she was busy chatting with her brother on stupid topics. Aarohi I'm warning you don't you dare to give him money. His idea is going to fail your hard-earned money will go to waste.'

His words must have hurt veer as he started moving out of my cabin without taking the cheque. I can't see him like this.

Wait veer.
'Dad it's my money. Let me decide how I want to spend it. I have full confidence in veer. He will surely bring our business to the top.'

'You all are grown up now. Why will you need your father's advice. Do as you wish but if it doesn't work out and your money goes to waste don't come crying to me.'

He left my cabin angrily.

Sis? Veer's scared voice reached my ears.

'You go. I will manage. Don't forget to take your cheque. I will go meet papa.' I said patting his shoulder on my way to Papa 's cabin.

Words count 893