six

Getting ready for the iconic night of my senior prom was more boring than I had expected. I had expected something like this to be almost like High School Musical. We all sing and dance and talk about boys together. We would talk about what our dreams were for the night and take a bunch of pictures together. I had unfortunately learned the hard way that high school and life in general weren't like the moves at all. I was sitting at Harry's house, doing my hair and make up, humming to music alone. The nerves building up in my stomach were the only thing reminding me that I was actually going to prom

I was the only girl in the world that had to worry about the murder and death of their classmates. I was almost 100% sure that all the other students never even thought about dying on prom night. It never even crossed their minds and I was the only one worried about something like this. I'm sure the other students were worrying about how the night would end, the music, the after party, their outfits, their make up , and their dates. All those things were totally normal and I wished they were what I was worried about.

" You are going to have such a good time tonight", Harry said coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist. I smiled and looked at our reflection in the mirror. 

I was wearing the white dress Harry and I had picked out with very light make up and Harry was wearing a flower printed shirt that he would wear on any other day. I wasn't mad that Harry wasnt dressed in a suit like all the other boys. Harry wasn't the type to wear a boring suit to an occasion and I loved that he stood out.

"I don't know how you can say that", I said and he gave me a confused look but he knew exactly why i was being like this.

" You have to get over this, Lana. We are going to get away with murder and that's amazing. We are so lucky that we get to seek revenge on people and get away with it", his voice was excited but I didn't relate to it at all. How could he be so excited at a time like this?

"These are someones kids, Harry. Imagine how they are going to feel? How would you feel if someone killed your child just for revenge?", I asked and he completely ignored me.

"That's beyond this. I don't have a child to think about in this situation. All I have is me and you and that's all I need to think about."

"But what if. You always tell me its me and you but what if there was someone else in the picture. If you had a child you would devastated someone would do that to them", I could see how mad he was getting with me but this was my last chance to change his mind.

"But I don't have a kid so-"

"What if it was me, harry? You would be so mad if someone killed me just because they wanted to seek revenge."

"Don't", he said bringing his face inches away from mine," Don't be like this. This is happening. You are not dying. My hypothetical child isn't dying. I don't feel bad and nothing is going to happen to us so don't act like our lives are ending because of this, this is only the beginning for us."

He left the room and I covered my face, my anxiety becoming even worse know that I knew there was no way out of this. I knew in my heart, this was going to happen and I couldn't do anything about it. It was worth the shot but everything I did was shot down. I tried my best and I couldn't get out of this. Despite how against this I am, I had to trust Harry. He was going to keep me safe and I had to trust that we were going to get away with this crime.

I fixed up my make up a little then went out into the living room where Harry was waiting for me.

"You look beautiful as always", he said happily and excited almost as if we had not just gotten into a fight.

"Thanks."

"I'm sorry I yelled at you", he said and kissed my cheek," I want you to have fun tonight and we will have fun tonight I promise."