Episode 3: Autodidactic

Ekam: (voice over) I don't know if it's just me or my fate that's fucked up. I've always felt like an outsider, a sidekick no matter how hard I tried, always been a problem intentionally or unintentionally doesn't matter.

Flashback: In Ist Standard

The bell rings, signaling break time. Kids rush to the canteen or open their lunch boxes.

Teacher: Break time, everyone.

Vivan: Hey guys, let's hit the canteen.

Ansh: Come on, quickly.

Kid Ekam: Let's go.

Ansh: (whispers) Is he coming?

Parsh: Hey, why don't you wait here while we grab something?

Kid Ekam: why? We can all eat there.

Parsh: Oh, it's more comfortable here.

Kid Ekam: But I'll be alone.

Vivan: We'll be right back.

Kid Ekam: (voiceover) They didn't come... Ha! I still remember those Tom and Jerry biscuits... They were good.

Ekam stands near the canteen, peacefully eating his biscuits.

Vivan: Hey, Ekam has the Tom and Jerry biscuits.

Parsh: Let's go over.

Approaching Ekam, they catch his attention. Ekam looks at his biscuits, then at them. He smiles and shares it with them

Kid Ekam: Sure. (smiling)

Parsh: Thanks.

Vivan: You're a good friend.

At Grounds, Choosing a sport.

Coach 1: Alright, everyone, line up nicely.

Coach 2: Choose your game wisely, kids.

Kid Ekam: What game are you guys picking?

Vivan: Uh... football.

Kid Ekam: Cool, I can play with you guys.

Gagan: Nah, Sujit, let's go for basketball, right?

Sujit: Yeah, basketball sounds good.

Kid Ekam: Okay, basketball it is.

Ekam: (voiceover) Left alone again... No matter who I am with. A sense of solitude always enveloped me.

Ekam: Ha Ha the ghosts won't eat ya.

Ekam: Boo ooo (making faces) ha ha ha (laughing) Loser! Ha ha (laughing)

*Beep**Beep* *Beep**Beep*

Ekam: Aah, shut up!! (Breaks it)

He wakes up, shaking off his memories, their weight still lingering in his mind.

The bustling streets of the city were alive with the sounds of everyday life. Amidst the crowd, Ekam walked with a sense of purpose, his mind preoccupied with thoughts of self-improvement. Flashes of memories hit at random moments as he navigated through the streets.

Despite the weight of regret bearing down on him, Ekam remained determined to forge a new path forward. With each step, he reminded himself of his goal: to become a better version of himself, to overcome his shortcomings, and to make amends for the mistakes of his past.