Episode 9: Broken Bonds

Someone: (voice coming from the phone) Hello, 2D.

The person freezes, a chill running down his spine. The voice on the other end is not who he expected.

Person: (stammering) You... you're not supposed to be-

Shere Khan: (sinister chuckle) Plans changed. Now, let's have a little chat-

The person gets smacked across the face by Ekam knocking him for a few seconds. Ekam carries him and his phone and takes him to a secluded spot.

Person: (while waking up) (coughs) you know I can just escape without any bindings

Ekam: I hope you also know that if you do then (charges up his flash spirit) This WILL kill you.
Now Speak yourself.

Person: alright (coughs) fine, just be careful with that. I am sure you have a lot of questions. 

Ekam: How about we start from the start?

Person: the start? alright.

Flashback:

Person: (voiceover) It was just another normal, boring ass day in Delhi, heading to the same dull workplace. Little did I know, life had other plans.

Images flash before Zahir's eyes, people, animals, and even inanimate objects vanishing into dust. He falls into a pit, trapped and terrified.

Person: (voiceover) Days felt like eternities, surrounded by nothingness. Fear and disbelief overwhelmed me, and sleep was a luxury I couldn't afford.

Rescuers arrive, their extraordinary powers in stark contrast to Zahir's confusion

A dim light pierces through the darkness, and Zahir hears distant voices.

Surya: (voice echoing) Hey, down there! Can you hear us?

The Person, disoriented, looks up to see Surya and Noctis at the edge of the pit.

Noctis: (shielding his eyes from the sunlight) Hold on. We'll get you out of there.

Surya extends his hand, manipulating his skin to create a makeshift rope.

Noctis: That's so gross.

Surya: Any other ideas?

Surya and Noctis carefully descend.

Surya: (smiling) Name's Surya, and this is Noctis. Welcome to the land of the extraordinary.

Noctis: (nodding) Not the best circumstances.

The Person, hesitant, takes Surya's hand, and they pull him out of the pit.

Person: (confused and grateful) Who... what?

Surya: (helping Zahir up) You're in the midst of a new life. The erasure brought about something different in us. Powers, you can say.

Person: Erasure?

Noctis: (looking around cautiously) Come on. There's a place, a refuge, about a kilometer away.

Zahir: (still in disbelief) Refuge? Powers? I don't understand.

Surya: You will soon. By the way, what's your name?

Person: Zahir Ali.

Surya and Noctis guide Zahir to the hidden refuge, where others with unique abilities find sanctuary, and those without powers find safety.

Surya: (gesturing towards the refuge) Here we are, Zahir.

Noctis: (looking at Zahir) You're not alone anymore. We're all trying to make sense of this.