Chapter 40 back home

Cale accurately laid it out for Alberu. For someone like Cale whose greatest desire was to live a peaceful life, this was what mattered most to him.

"Please give me money. I don't want a medal or a higher title."

Cold hard cash was always the best. What would a title or medal do for him when a war was about to break out? It was much smarter to take cash and use it to buy food, land, or other material things.

The final ancient power Cale was aiming to get after the 'Sound of the Wind' was one that became stronger the more money he used.

Cale could see Alberu put his hand to his forehead. He then lowered his hand as he asked Cale a question.

"To buy alcohol?"

Cale responded right back.

"How did you know?"

Alberu smiled and accepted Cale's request. He then got up and informed Cale about the details.

"Once you receive the report tomorrow, take a look and then let me know how much you want."

"Will you come visit me again?"

"Why? You don't like it?"

Cale responded with an extremely fake expression on his face.

"It would be the highest honor to see you again, your highness."

Alberu felt chills on the back of his neck from
Cale's response and told Cale to rest before immediately heading out of the room and disappearing.

Cale just quietly observed the door the crown prince closed behind him.

- But what kind of power allows him to dye his hair other than mana? Is it something that has to do with dead mana? Human, answer me. I am curious.

Cale ignored the Black Dragon's question and immediately went to bed. He was a patient from this moment on.

Bang!!

Finally, Cale was back home.

"Hiera!"

Cale panted as he was trying to catch his breath. What made him run back was the call he got earlier from Cecilia.

'You punk are in serious trouble!'

'Why?'

'You made my daughter faint'

'Huh!?'

'You get my daughter pregnant and then go sacrifice yourself?'

'Wai-'

'Shut up and hurry back'

'I-'

*click* and the call ended like that.

Cale had left the imperial palace in a hurry and had just told basen, who had come to visit him to take care of everything on his behalf.

At that moment, nothing was more important then his wife.

"Are you okay? How are you feeling? I- I"

Cale couldn't finish his sentence as the words got stuck on his throat.

'Was I the reason you fainted? Was my actions the reason you almost got hurt?'