9

Skylar found herself inside of the office of the convent of Hogwarts, Madame Pomfrey.

"Skylar dear, can I help you with anything?" The older womanasked seeing Skylar as soon as she entered her study pacing.

"Yes please, I don't know what to do— Well I do but— Why is this happening to me— What is happening to me— I can't focus—"

Skylar still paced unable to form a complete thought, Pomfrey caught her shoulders to stop her niece from this panic that the girl was clearly in.

"Slow down, lady bug. Breathe. Tell me again what's wrong so I can help you." The older woman said stirnly. She had never seen Skylar so bothered by something and Pomfrey feared for the worst.

Skylar did as she was told, breathing deeply in and out slowly feeling the tense muscles of her body slightly relax. "It's been days and I can't focus... Everything just feels so...weird all of the sudden and I...... It's messing with my head." Skylar sighed helplessly.

Pomfrey embraced the girl in a hug, rubbing a hand on her back reassuringly. "How was my mother like when she met my father?" Skylar mumbled while her chin rests on Pomfrey's shoulder.

Knitting brows together, Pomfrey perhaps thought the matter wasn't as serious in that moment as she thought it to be. "She handled her feelings quite well actually. Had your father wrapped around her finger the moment he set eyes on her." Pomfrey chuckled softly, nostalgia clear in her tone.

"It was your father who had trouble dealing with his sudden emotions. Came running to me to complain about my sister, blaming her for how he was so lovestruck all of a sudden whenever she was around. Nerissa was confused at first, at how someone of high standing like your father became so interested in her when all her focus was on Quidditch and studying."

"Then she gave him a chance until slowly they fell in love with each other." Pomfrey smiled, cupping Skylar's cheek softly and noticed the color flood her cheeks. "You look much like your mother dear. Though, you have your father's smile and his determination to finish what goal you set your heart to. So tell me, has someone perhaps made its way to your heart that you're suddenly like this?"

"I think so..." Skylar mumbled. "But I can't focus on my magic anymore because all I think of is her and her stupid words." She said frustrated, "I can't afford to lose my progress. Not when I'm barely even capable of using my magic yet."

"You can't deny something like your feelings Skylar. It'll only end up hurting you badly." Pomfrey warned. "But I need to! And I will. I can't be distracted with love and all that soppy stuff when that monster is still out there! I don't need love right now, it can wait."

The day that Dumbledore's Army gathered again in the come and go room, Harry thought it best to let everyone use the previous spells in a quick duel. To see if everyone further mastered it or if there were some who forgot entirely.

After the last successful pair of Ginny and Parvati both using the spells, Skylar called for the next two. "Ron and Hermione, you two come on up."

Skylar rolled her eyes slightly at how Ron whispered to Hermione that he'll go easy on the girl only to be given a pointed look back. To everyone's amusement and Ron's embarrassment, he was quickly flown back to wall of the room as Hermione was quicker to attack before he could even raise his wand.

With the help of Skylar's reversal he leapt back on his feet, "You're alright Ron." She chuckled and Ron got back to his previous position with a now embarrassed hue on his face. On the second attempt was still a whopping defeat for the boy as he failed to deflect Hermione's attack and still got struck flying to the same spot he fell earlier.

The girls cheered for Hermione, but her eye's traveled to where Skylar knelt to Ron's stupefied body and seeing her beckon Harry over. The buzzing voices in Hermione's vicinity making her unable to hear what the two said, but she clearly saw Harry attempt to refuse something Skylar said, but was pulled back down with her hand catching his wrist.

She could see Harry try to refuse again only to be encouraged further from Skylar, pointing to Ron. Harry pointed his wand at Ron and the boy sat up conscious again, Skylar patted Harry on the shoulder proudly.

The quick duels continued and Hermione never failed to notice how Skylar always urged for Harry to do half of the reversal spells with her. Always with an encouraging smile on her face and a hand on his shoulder as she watched behind him. Each time Hermione felt herself frown slightly.

Once they were done for that day, everyone filed out of the secret room quickly. Skylar was finalizing their next meetings evenly throughout the coming weeks that didn't raise the possibility of discovery when felt a voice call for her name. "Skylar..."

Skylar turned to see Hermione approaching her, "I thought you went with Harry and Ron already." She said, turning her attention back to the notice board. "No I stayed behind... Because I wanted to ask you if you wanted to study with me in the library tonight?"

Skylar blinked rapidly turning away from the girl before facing her again this time with an apologetic smile, "I'm sorry I can't. I'm fairly busy with a lot right now... And probably for a while too."

"Oh..." Hermione frowned, visibly deflated by the response she wasn't hoping to hear. "No yeah, of course. I understand... See you when I see you?" She asked hopefully and Skylar nodded.

Hermione was first to leave followed by Skylar moments later in the opposite direction only to return to the Room of Requirements an hour later on her own.

Skylar returned to the dungeons that night exhausted per usual, "You're not making a good example especially as a prefect if you keep turning up at hours like these." Whipping her head at the direction Skylar meets familiar hazel eyes of Danielle Ainsel.

"I'm a busy girl, Ainsel. Keeping with the time hasn't been a top concern for me as of the moment." "Clearly." Skylar felt her eyes roll at the implication, "Go to bed, Ainsel." She said dismissively. Danielle scoffed softly but waited a moment, "Whatever you're doing, be careful."

Skylar nodded curtly watching red ginger hair fade into the dark night.

"You look dreadful." Luna said as soon as Skylar sat beside her for their next D. A. D. A class. "Thank you, Luna. You look lovely." The girl sighed, tiredly leaning against the desk.

Once all of the seats were occupied with students; the office door opened to Dolores Umbridge who never went a day without being covered in all shades of pink. The undersecretary smiled sickly sweet down at the students.

"Today you will be reading and writing about the works of Combination Casting."