3

The next morning Hermione was quick to arrive to the Great Hall for breakfast. With the boys not there yet, her eyes almost darted to the opposite table, only to find that Skylar was not there. In fact she was on the Ravenclaw's table, which was right next to the Gryffindor's.

Skylar was having a light conversation with the Ravenclaw Luna Lovegood which Hermione observed them to be quite close while she indulged herself with an omelet. Trying to take quick glances at the two girls as Hermione tried to conceal herself with the paper from the Daily Prophet, or so that's what she was trying to do.

"Caught you staring." Skylar's voice came dangerously close as if she were behind the paper and sure enough when Hermione lowered it, she came face to face with bright green eyes beaming at her knowingly. "Your friends with Luna?" Hermione asked, trying to hide her surprise at the closeness.

Skylar chuckled before taking a seat next to Hermione, "I am. Though I see her as more of a sister now after all this time in Hogwarts." The blonde answered, taking a plate for herself and filling it with toast and eggs.

Hermione hummed thoughtfully before deciding to go back to actually reading the paper. However, the sight of Ron and Harry stopped her so. "Was starting to wonder when you two were going to show. Ronald, you and I need to discuss somethings." Skylar looked at the red head particularly.

Ron felt himself grumble at what Skylar said when him and Harry sat across from them. "How is it that you've completely disregarded to introduce me to your friends! We're 5th years already and I've just met Hermione days ago! Also by the way, hello Harry Potter it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Skylar Mikaelson."

Skylar said very quickly making Harry unable to say anything in return and giving her a small nod with the whiplash of information. "You two know each other?" Hermione interrupted glancing between the two.

"Our families know each other and I've known the Weasley's for all my life!"
"Well I'm sorry, I just forgot to tell you and thought that Ginny or the Twins would fill you in."
"They have thankfully. You haven't even wrote to me or invited me to the Burrow this whole time we came to Hogwarts."

The two argued— well Skylar more like berated Ron— for not keeping in touch as Skylar had hoped for them to be. For their families had known each other from their time in Hogwarts their friendship also channeled over to the Weasley children and Skylar. It was only appropriate for Skylar to feel hurt by the sudden lack of contact by the boy whom she grew up with and frequently visited before getting accepted into Hogwarts.

"Congratulations on being Prefect by the way, and Hermione too." Skylar said going back to her calmer state and her anger quickly subsiding. "You too. Glad Slytherin has one good Prefect in their house.." Ron smiled before nudging at Slytherin table where Draco was and Skylar and Harry snorted.

"Oh right, I just remembered." Skylar spoke, looking at Harry. "Harry I heard you got detention for the rest of the week by Umbridge... Is the cream helping you a bit?" Suddenly rememring that Skylar gave Hermione a small container of cream when she treated Hermione's scar in the library last night.

Harry nodded gratefully at the girl, "It works beautifully, thanks a lot!" He gave a thankful smile at her. "You can use it for your own since I'll be making more anyways and Hermione can just come to me instead." The said girl's head snapped at Skylar's direction. "For what?" She asked as if completely taken aback by the previous statement.

"For the cream of course... You alright?" Skylar looked at Hermione funny, before she had a chance to answer. The large bell rang signaling the start of their first lesson for the day. "Another day of Umbridge..." Ron gulped worriedly, Skylar came patting him on the back. "Don't worry about her. I'm sure her reign won't last long."

Before they split their ways however, Skylar called out to Hermione. "Right I almost forgot. Meet me in the library tonight before curfew?" She looked at Hermione with expectant green eyes that seemed as if she were to only see her in that moment. "Y-yeah of course! I'll see you then." Hermione said with a slanted smile before hurrying of to her first lesson.

Hermione shifted in her seat uncomfortably as her mind kept drifting, unable to focus on the professor in front of her. Her mind going back to Harry's constant visions, Ron's secrecy about him and Skylar's friendship, and mostly just to Skylar. The Pretty Prefect that was loved by everyone in Hogwarts— was a Slytherin who helped treat the words of scars that Hermione got and continued to help other students before her.

The girl who's family was rumored to be one of the most ancient and powerful Wizarding families in the world that being a 5th year didn't stop Skylar from knowing how to use advanced magic eve going as far as wand less and or wordless incantations.

Skylar who was so easy to talk to that it felt like they had known each other for years during their first encounter. Bright blonde hair that cascading her face perfectly so with bright green eyes that contrasted not only her features but also the dark shade of green on her robes.

Hermione's face fell to her hands shamefully. Perhaps times really are changing... Who knew she would find herself be so curiously interested in the Slytherin girl.

That night, Hermione went to the library after dinner as promised. Easily finding Skylar in her same spot where she usually sits. "You made it." Skylar's light voice spoke first as she felt the familar presence behind her.

"Of course..." Hermione huffed a chuckle. Walking towards Skylar and taking a seat beside her. "So, I take it you've already finished another batch?" She questioned, Skylar nodded with a smile and dug out not one but two circular containers of her healing cream.

"I had a free period for Astronomy in the afternoon, so I went straight to Madame Pomfrey's office." Skylar said, putting the two creams on the table.
"Madame Pomfrey just let's you use her office?" Hermione asked.
"Only when I have the free time. She knows my schedule anyways so it would be pointless to lie to her."

"About what Ron said this morning... Do your families actually know each other?" Hermione asked, this time wanting to know more about the bonds of the Weasley's and the Mikaelson's.

Skylar snorted though in her mind Ron was completely to blame for their ignorance. "My parents and the Weasly's attended Hogwarts together. Though my parents were in Ravenclaw while they were in Gryffindor."

"They joined the Order of The Phoenix together as well. And after the war, my......family and I frequently visited the Burrow." Hermione's mouth formed an 'o' at this new information. "I don't understand why Ron never mentioned you this whole time. I mean he talks about you in a good light but I don't get it..." She said while looking at Skylar sympathetically.

The latter girl only shrugged her shoulders lightly. "Either way I wasn't probably going to introduce myself to you and Harry since you know. You're Ron's friends. And probably me being Slytherin was a shock to all them and even my family, so I could understand his reluctance."

"Even your family?" Hermione's face furrowed in confusion and Skylar shrugged once more, "They were thinking I would be put in Ravenclaw like them and even I thought that I would too. But I like being in Slytherin believe it or not."

This time Hermione sent her a cocked brow making Skylar chuckle. "My favorite color is green, alright? And it brings out my eyes." Batting her eyes at the girl playfully. "Oh bugger off Mikaelson..." Hermione rolled her own at the girl but Skylar's words did hold the truth.