8

By the time Skylar exited from the Room of Requirement it was almost sundown. Her body felt drained of all the energy and power as if she were about to fall to the ground unconscious at any given moment. With a quick flick of her wand however, what used to be her disheveled uniform and hair were quickly tucked away neatly.

Picking up on her feet once more, Skylar headed straight down the Grand Staircase and with a clear voice of the password did she make a beeline for the Slytherin dormitory.

"Oh hey, you just got back?" A different Slytherin 5th year greeted, Danielle. "Mhm, why?" Skylar hummed. "I was wondering if I could borrow your notes? For D.A.D.A." Danielle asked hopefully.

"Yeah sure, though it might be a little messy..." Digging through her nightstand where Skylar kept most of her written parchment and fishing them out successfully. "I'll manage, thanks. You're a life saver really..." Danielle smiled thankfully taking in the sheets of paper.

As the girl walked out of her sight, Skylar got out clothes this time from her trunk and walked to the bathroom to freshen up. Not forgetting to pet and give a kiss to her cat, Bao.

By the time Skylar refreshed herself with a nice shower and comfortable clothing, the sun had set and dinner service was starting.

"Mind if I sit here?" Skylar smiled as she approached the Ravenclaw table with Cho Chang and Luna Lovegood. "Help yourself..." Cheerily greeted Cho; she herself already having a full plate of food.

"Is it true about Umbridge? We won't be meeting until the end of next week!" Skylar exclaimed, spooning mashed potatoes in her mouth. "..Sorry I missed yesterday by the way.."

"Mr. Filch has been staying around the corridors more often. It's best that we disperse for the time being." Cho replied, glancing at the Gryffindor's table.

"You look tired again Skylar, have you been at it again?" Luna asked, her voice quiet that Cho didn't hear. "Can't exactly stop Luna. Haven't reached the core yet." Skylar smiled apologetically.

While Luna ate her pudding, green eyes scanned from the entrance of the Great Hall to the Gryffindor's table, but was unsuccessful in finding a certain witch. Skylar frowned slightly only seeing Ron and Harry along with a few others eating freely.

Skylar hiked straight up the stairs that led to the Astronomy Tower, though slowing down once she felt her stomach start turn. Once she opened the doors to the stairs leading up to the open space, her eyes set on familiar brown locks.

"Didn't see you at the dinner..." Skylar said as she shut the door behind her. "Oh well I was..." Hermione scrunched her nose, "In the library all day and lost track of time, so I just went straight here instead."

"Studious as ever." Skylar smiled, walking up the stairs with Hermione behind her. Then suddenly, Skylar pulls out something from a pouch she hid inside her jacket; something wrapped in parchment.

"I asked the elves to wrap you something before I came up here. Thought you'd need to eat at the very least." Hermione's confused frown softened at the sight of a nicely wrapped steak sandwich filled generously on both cuts. "Thanks... That's very kind of you."

The wind calm but chilly, snow falling prettily from the sky that made a beautiful scenery for the girls who saw tiles be coated in fresh soft snow.

Skylar remained quiet, looking out to see the snow patiently; going not unnoticed by the girl she was waiting for. "Thank you again for bringing that" She heard Hermione's voice and the sound of crumpling paper.

"Anytime." Skylar smiled, Hermione joining her on the railings of the tower.

Protected with warming charms on themselves, Hermione freely leaned her hands on the rails, intently looking at the girl next to her. "Who do you look like? Between your parents."