Chapter 9: Sudden reunion

Alastor felt himself slipping, so he quickly wanted to leave: "Rosie, thank you for this chat. It has been a true help! As always, you're a great friend!" Is all he managed to say before lashing out so he hurried out of her quarters and out of Cannibal Town before he could even hear her reply.

When Alastor was out of sight, for nobody to see, he lashed out. A manic grin returned to his face, his eyes open wide in sheer desperation and a bit of madness: "I can't feel this way. I mustn't. I can't!"

In an insane tone, he quietly sings: "It's not who I am. Who am I if not a sadistic, ploy-making serial killer with cannibalistic tendencies?! Who am I if not the mightiest overlord of Hell hungry for even more power?! Why the heck have I become so disgustingly soft? It's not who I am! I'm not a lover, I'm a killer! I'm not Alastor without the wicked and deceiving grin and the lust for blood! I'm supposed to keep everyone guessing but here I am getting played by a fucking triangle!"

Suddenly, there appeared a hole in the ground right in front of him. And out of this hole, Bill floated above the ground, playing on an also floating piano:
"Here we are finally meeting again!
You didn't know where
You didn't know when
Oh but we are meeting here again
Until one of us dematerialises out of Hell
On some sunny day!"

Alastor was just looking at him, completely speechless for a few moments.

Bill snapped his fingers and made this piano vanish. He floated all close to Alastor and Bill's one eye gave Alastor a very close look. Bill looked at Alastor very cocky: "Have you missed meeeee? Oh admit it pal, you've missed meeee!"

Alastor spoke through grinnted-teeth: "Not in the slightest bit, my dear! I'll fucking end your life right here and now!"

Bill chuckled: "I see... You've missed me so much during my absence, that you've gone completely insane! My bad, I had noooo ideaaa you were such a fragile thing!"

Alastor: "Stop being a disrespectful WRETCH!"
Bill smirks: "Make me."

Alastor's antlers grew huge and his body took his abnormal, frightening form which didn't impress Bill the slightest bit: "You're aware I'm not scared of deers, right?"

Alastor scoffed: "You're too cocky and arrogant for my liking, Cipher."
Bill scoffed back: "Says you! You talk like you think you're the hottest shit ever yet there are much, much more powerful entities than you across the dimensions! Even in your own dimension, there are countless beings more powerful than you. You couldn't even imagine their greatness. No mortal soul can imagine such powers. They exist very, very far away from Hell and hardly anyone even knows about their existence. You will never get even close to being as powerful as one of those high beings! There's always entities that are more powerful than you! You need to learn to accept it."

With all of his very sharp-teeth showing, Alastor grunted: "UNACCEPTABLE."
Bill: "I told you to stop throwing tantrums!"
Alastor: "Why should I do as you please? I'm neither your puppet or toy!"
Bill raised his voice, turning from yellow to red: "I've never asked you to be my puppet or toy. I never wanted or expected you to be. I've seen you as my friend and equal even though you're power-wise inferior to me. But that doesn't change the way I feel about you!"

Alastor took a few breaths, trying to calm himself down. He slowly turned back into his normal demon form and his antlers grew smaller again. He whispered: "May I ask, my dear, how exactly would you describe the way you feel about me?"

Bill changes from red to yellow again, whispering back: "I'm not sure what to call it. I've never felt it before. I didn't even have any idea I was capable of feeling like this. Especially after I left you, I wasn't ever able to shake off the feeling. Al, I truly missed you. Also, I realised I was being narrow-minded about the whole grinning thing. You were right. I just needed some time to get used to it. What I want to say is, I feel a very great amount of ... affection for you. Let's reunite again, please. It wouldn't be fun ruling a world without you, my dearest."

Alastor needed a few moments to process all this information. But he needed to know for sure: "Does that mean... .... do you love me?"

Bill sighed as if he was embarrassed: "Could be. I'm not sure. As I've said, I've never felt this before. But it could be possible."

Alastor hugged him tightly, replying: "I'm ashamed to admit it but I'm afraid I feel the exact same way about you."