Chapter 3: Plotting a plan

In great anticipation, Bill asked: "I already have a few ideas on how to make Hell ours. What about you?"

Alastor smirked at him widely, revealing his long row of sharp teeth again: "How about you attack Heaven, my mighty fellow? The angels regularly deduce Hell's population by slaughtering quite an amount once or twice a year. It depends. If you fight the angels and make them stop fighting us, Hell's population will definitely be in your favor! To make them stop fighting us..."
His voice becomes very static again and he has a wicked look in his eyes saying: "... Feel very free to use any means necessary to make them stop."

Bill's eye lits up: "I must say, dear Alastor, I'm very much in favor of this plan! It's a smart plan absolutely making it easier for us to take over Hell. And you're correct... it is indeed within my powers to fight and also defeat the angels. I can't wait to bring the utmost chaos to their *perfect* Heaven. Hahahahhhaahah I wanna hear those clueless angels scream in HORROR AS I TURN THEIR PARADISE INTO ANOTHER PIT OF FIRE AND SUFFERING."

With every word that Bill says, Alastor's smile grows wider & wider in excitement: "Is there anything I can do to help you with the execution of our wonderful plan, dear?"

Bill smirks back at him, answering: "After my first attack in Heaven, feel free to accompany me to Heaven when I attack it the 2nd time & assist me in taking down a lot of the angels. Let's take the angels down together. Let this be a warning to them. That Hell is a force they can't reckon with anymore. With me being the ruler of Hell. Let's make the angels fear us. Let's make them terrified of us. So they don't ever dare anymore to set foot in Hell. And then dear Alestor, I'll free you from your ties and make you more powerful than ever. Hell will be ours to rule!"

Just as Bill finished his speech, Vaggie entered Alastor's quarters.
Hostile, she spoke: "So it's true, I see. A powerful being that has no business being in Hell. A being too powerful to stay here. Leave, triangle!"

Bill floated to her, eyeing her uncomfortably closely, he scoffed: "ISN'T.THIS.INTERESTING? Cross-Angel thinks she can make me leave?? HAAHAAAHHAAHHA. Does your precious girlfriend know... the truth about you? If she doesn't..."
Vaggie looks at him in terror as he finishes his sentence with a very deep voice: "..., I'll happily inform her about it. So if you value your relationship's happiness, stay out of my business. Though I would strongly recommend you to tell her on your own soon because if I don't tell her, the first man will."

Vaggie blinked at him a bit confused after hearing the last part: "What do you... Do you... do you mean... Adam?"
Bill replies with his voice still sounding distorted: "Indeed."

Looking frightened but also angry, Vaggie runs out of the quarters.
Alastor gave Bill a smug look: "You sure know how to intimidate someone."
Bill: "Ah, it's a piece of cake. When you live as long as I do.... understanding how to manipulate people gets easier and easier. How to make them feel special... How to make them feel like you're friends but you're not. Not actually. How to threaten them. With the things they hold dearest to their hearts."

A hint of sceptisism lies in Alastor's eyes: "How do I know you don't intend to manipulate me the same way? Making me feel special and pretending to be my friend?"

Bill floats closer to him and whispers in Alastor's ear: "I'm certain that if I tried manipulating you or pretending, you would see right through me."

Alastor blinks a bit nervously but still keeping his smiley-composure: "I'm not so certain about that anymore."
Bill looks him in the eyes: "I could ask you the same thing. You might be the one manipulating me and not the other way around. Who is to say what lies underneath your ever-lasting, deceiving grin?"

Alastor: "I thought you liked my ever-lasting grin."
Bill: "I do. It's one of the things that make you so much more interesting than anyone else. You're hard to read. I can hardly tell what you're really thinking. You really like to keep everyone guessing, don't you?"

Alastar: "Indeedy, I do love to keep everyone guessing! Especially my enemies! If you always smile, you're always in control of the situation!"