Ch7: Not Worth Losing Sleep

A/N: self harm warning for this chapter, it's kind of graphic. also sorry for the late update i was crazy sick like crazy insane sick like all the way sick also almost done with the cover lmao. 

also i just rn the day after publishing edited the end a tiny bit cause i forgot to add smth lmao

Words: 2870

┌─── ∘°❉ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ❉°∘ ───┐

Footsteps echo throughout the pizzeria. Freddy paces in the main room, Chica trails closely behind him. The 6 AM bell went off some time ago, and Freddy has yet to find (Y/n). Thankfully the dayshift staff really don't take their jobs seriously and never show up as early as they're meant to. That buys him some time, but nothing is concrete. Now he just needs to think, where could Goldie have taken (Y/n)? He's checked every room in the pizzeria at least three times. Goldie must've taken her somewhere else entirely, but where? He really doesn't know. Of course, it is pretty hard to think when there's a frantic blonde at his heels.

"He just threw her around like it was nothing! God, she must've been so scared, he was holding on to her so tight it must've left a bruise. We need to do something- we- we need an icepack, he was holding her too tight-" Chica relayed her witness of the kidnapping for what must be the twentieth time. Freddy knows she's just worried, but the constant mental image of Goldie's hands digging into your shoulders really isn't doing him any good.

Freddy has to admit, he was a little shocked to hear that Goldie was so rough on you. Goldie's always been... intense, anyone knows that, but Freddy knew him better than just anyone. At least he thought he did. There was a time when they were friends, or quiet acquaintances at least. Freddy really had tried to stay amicable with Goldie, even when he was defending you from him, the memory of when they used to be brothers echoed in his mind. He did miss it. He missed the mundane conversations and comfortable silence. He missed the way they could practically have a conversation with eye contact alone, he missed the sleepovers where they'd read books together and talk until they passed out and dear god, how stupid could Freddy be. He stops walking, Chica runs into his back.

"He took her to his room." Freddy says.

Freddy honestly forgot about those old underground storage rooms they'd repurposed. He and the others used to love those rooms, back when they were new and childish. He's surprised that Goldie still uses his.

By the way the others were silent as they watched Freddy pry that dusty panel off the stage floor to reveal an equally dusty staircase, they'd forgotten, too. Bonnie immediately tries to bolt down the stairs, Freddy catches him by the back of his shirt. Freddy leads the group down the stairs and skinny corridor, until they come across the faded door that leads to the room Freddy hasn't dared enter in years.

No one breathes while Freddy peeks through the keyhole. He doesn't know what exactly he was scared of, but he breathes a sigh of relief when he sees the rise and fall of (Y/n)'s chest anyways.

"They're sleeping." Freddy whispers.

"In the same bed?" Bonnie asks.

"...Yes." Freddy looks away.

"What the- move," Foxy pushes Freddy out of the way and looks through the keyhole, "He must've knocked her out, there's no way she could fall asleep next to him, right?"

Freddy is silent.

He motions for everyone to go back upstairs. Bonnie gives him an incredulous look.

"What are you doing? They're right there!" Bonnie says in what barely qualifies as a whisper, "Let's break down the door and kick Goldie's ass!"

Freddy shakes his head, "If we barge in there, he'll wake up and teleport somewhere else. Then we'll never find them."