ACT 1 scene 2

Setting: around the palace.(chief Mukete birthday party).

After buying all the food stuff, the chief asks the servants to buy in the market like plantains, fish, meats, chicken, cake, rice and so many things. drinks such as whisky, redwine, with different types of bottle of beer. On Tuesday morning the servants start preparing food in the kitchen.

(Enters Miguel (one of the notables and chief Mukete)

Miguel: Igweee!(greeting) I am thinking this day is an unforgettable day for us especially you my highness, the superior of this land.

Chief Mukete: you are the only notable who gives me respect in this land. The others are making as if they respect me, but after my birthday I am going to deal with them especially Atangana who disrespect me. By saying that it is not normal for I the chief refusing palm wine in my birthday. It is my birthday I decide what they should drink and prepare.

Miguel: you are right my highness it is your birthday, you decide what you want. So why an ant and a sheet notable like Atangana having courage to say to our highness, that is not normal to refuse palm wine. I pity his family what you can do to them.

Chief Mukete: leave him apart, today is my birthday, the servants have already start cooking food. Do you want to drink something?

Miguel: oh!my highness, I am suprise that you ask me if I want to drink something. Is have been a long time you have ever favour me this type of thing.

Chief Mukete: don't forget today is my birthday and I am so happy today, I am going to call the servants to ask you what you are drinking.

Miguel: ok my highness.

Chief Mukete: servant, servant.

(Enters a servant)

Servant : yes my Highness, what can I do for you?

Chief Mukete: serve him some drinks.

Servant : ok my highness (to Miguel) sir what do you want to drink?

Miguel: give me one bottle of red wine.

Servant : ok sir, I am coming with you r bottle of red wine.

(Exit the servant)

Chief Mukete: (while smiling) so you are drinking redwine?

Miguel: yes my Highness.

(Re-enter the servant)

Servant : sir, take your bottle of red wine.

Miguel: thanks you my daughter.

Servant : ok sir.

(Exit the servant)

Miguel: thanks you also my highness.

(Enters Tony and Rose (the chief's son) he comes with a car, he is been to England after succeeding his primary school in the village of Akenkwo )

Chief Mukete: welcome my son, how are you doing long time.

Tony: I am very fine papa. And what about you?

Chief Mukete: I am very fine my son, and how is things going in England.

Tony: everything are fine papa.

(Enters Jenifer (Tony's mother))

Jenifer : how are you doing my son?

Tony: I am very fine mama.

Miguel: how are you doing my prince.

Tony: I am very fine sir.(to chief Mukete and Jenifer) papa, mama this is my wife which we meet in England.

Chief Mukete: oh! what is her name?

Tony: her name is Rose.

Chief Mukete: how are you Rose?

Rose:I am fine my highness, and what about you.

Chief Mukete. I am very fine my daughter. This is one of my notables, his name is Miguel.

Rose:(to Miguel) how are you my notables?

Miguel: I am fine my daughter.

Chief Mukete: ok, enough talking I am already tired(to Tony) do you know that today is my birthday?

Tony:(suprise) oh! I really forget about it, excuse me papa.

Chief Mukete: a son which forget the day in which his father is born. Ok, this are food in the table with drinks, let's eat.

All: ok my highness.

(Enter notable Kenzo and Atangana)

Atangana: Igweee!long life to you my highness and happy birthday to you in advance.

Chief Mukete:(angrily) why Kenzo and you does not come with Miguel early?

Kenzo: my highness I was occupied, I went to my farm to harvest my crops.

Chief Mukete: and you Atangana?

Atangana: I went to the hospital to visit my son, he is very sick my highness.

Chief Mukete:(while standing on its throne) I don't care Atangana, I said that everybody should come here early to discuss, so you refuse to come because of your foolish nonsense son. I can tolerate for Kenzo but not yours. So you disobey what I am saying, this is the second time you disobey me. I don't want to see your face again gets out of here non sense man.

Tony: yes father, you are correct (suprise) so it is the second time he disobeys you.(to Atangana) this old man gets out from this palace nonsense.

Rose:( to Tony) please calm down baby, he did not come because he went to visit his son who is sick in the  hospital.

Tony:(while shouting to Rose) close your mouth there don't get me annoyed with you, when we are talking better close your mouth or I will slap you, what do you know about our rule.

Rose: sorry baby.

(When Atangana wanted to walk out, Tony calls him back).

Tony:(while angry) If I see your ugly face again In this palace, I will cut off your ugly head, have you put this in your rotten brain.

(Tony slaps Atangana and chase him away from the palace)

Atangana: (suprise) so you slap me, I can be your father. The gods will revenge for me, have a nice day.

Tony: Do you know to who you are talking, I will deal with you and your family.

(Exit Atangana)

Miguel: good my prince I really love the way you react and that good slap you gave him.

Kenzo : Miguel is correct.

Chief Mukete: that man call Atangana destroy my day, the birthday party is over. Servant

(Enter the servant) .

Servant : yes my Highness

Chief Mukete: give some things to Kenzo and Miguel so that the should go back home.

Servant : ok my highness

(The servant gave them food in dishes and they thank the chief and go back home).

Chief Mukete: sit down my son, let's eat the food the servant prepare for us for my birthday.

All: ok my highness.

(They ate the food, drink and dance until they fall asleep)

" To be continue"