Entry 11 ~𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳...~

Start from the beginning

Ava slides open the door, slightly enough to get through and quickely closes it, as she sees Marcus trying to get a peek ithrough the dark window shades. "What do you want?" Ava barks. "I just want to check on how you were doing, since you ran out like that." Marcus pauses & points his finger to Ava's van. "Don't tell me, you're living in that thing over there." Ava scoffs. "No! Why do you care?" Marcus shrugs in response. "Who is inside the van with you?" Ava silently hopes for Amber is busy coloring, to care about the commotion outside. "Her name is Amber. Her father is dead and her mother is working. Are you happy now?" Before Marcus can reply, Ava enters inside the van and slams the door in his face.

_

Marcus can't help but to think of how Ava reacted this morning. She is so cold to him, but why? This was surely not the Ava he was attracted to at all. What irritates him th most is Ava escaping. She escapes from their past, from him & now from his questions. Marcus somehow knows that Ava hasn't told him the truth & he's going to help her, whether she wants it or not.

Within the next morning, Ava rolls her eyes as she saw Marcus waiting in front of her van like a fool, with his hands inside the pockets of his jacket. "Rise and shine, bunny. Slept well?" Marcus cracks a wild grin, remembering all the times he awakes with her by his side. "Oh, hi!"Although Ava was not in the mood to support him, she decides to confront her ex. "Did someone break another tube today?" Initially, Marcus stiffens unprepeared for her sass. "Hahaha, funny." Marcus tilts his head back and places his hnd on the stomach , as if Ava just said the best joke in the world. Shortly after, Marcus recomposes himself and looks at Ava in the eyes. "I was actually to get you breakfast, but I don't know what you like." Ava scoffs. "I already ate, thank you. Now go." Since Marcus refuses to leave, Ava tries to get past him, but he grabs her hand and tugs her closer to him for their bodies to touch. Ava could feel Marcus's hot, heavy breaths on her neck & to her dismay, the heat churning inside of her body betrays her. Although the love she once though to be forgotten, returns, she can never be his prey again. Ava laughs hysterically at his dumb comment, even though she knows it is partially true. "Oh please, you are far worse than any men I slept with. I don't care if I ever lose you again!" Marcus steps back from Ava & looks at her with disgust. "You don't mean that. We've spent two weeks together and you throw it out like a piece of garbage." Ava laughs out of desperation. Finally Mr. Sentimento is making progress. Too bad he didn't claim this five years ago. "We just had fun and that's it." Nervousness in Marcus's stomach starts to sizzle like the bubbles of champagne. "Clearly we aren't understanding each other right now. I'm glad I left you with a sticky note instead of pretending to be completely in love with you!" Ava's eyes flames in pure anger & once she parts her lips to reply, she remains silent for the longest minute Marcus has ever witnessed. "Ava, I'm so sorry." Ava shakes her head, refusing to accept Marcus's apology. "Get lost, Marcus." She whispers, before running off & leaving Marcus alone in confusion.

He knows he over-reacts but she provokes him. All he wants is to have a civil rapport with her, yet she keeps running out on him. What Marcus couldn't get out of his head is 'why'. Marcus was sure the van will give him some answers. With some determination and courage, Marcus attempts to peek through the window shades. Then pipes a small, childish voice. "Go away or else I'll call the police on you!" Marcus fights the urge to roll his eyes. The kid is the sme exact copy as her nanny. "Uh ... child, do you know that it isn't safe to stay alone in the van? Where's your mom?" A moment of silence passes before Amber speaks again. " And do you know you're a stranger that isn't supposed to speak with me?" Amber inquiries. " Mind your own beeswax!" Dang, that girl is smart . Marcus isn't going to lose againest a kid though. Marcus searches throuh the pockets of his jacket for his document & flashes the bagde . "Do you see this kid? It's my duty to protect everyone in this town from trouble and..." Marcus is intruppted by Amber opening the window. "Yeah, right! My mom can find those on amazon. " Before Marcus could reply, Amber shuts the window. Marcus grudgingly walks away from the van, mimicking Amber's voice in his mind. You can buy them on amazon. Marcus didn't recieve the answers to hid questions, however he finds an abbandon kid in the middle of no where and his duty calls.