Chapter 1- A beginning

Bella's POV

Why does one exist? A question, I am yet to find the answer to. I try to find it but ends up learning about it instead. Maybe it's just a game of fate.

What's mine?

This semester of school is about to finish and the other is about to commence soon.

I need to finish the names of short-listed girls in basketball for selection of high school team. 4 months and I will be 15 on December 31.

"Guys, we all in for the party tonight?" Soph asks us. Currently, we are sat in the cafeteria, munching on french fries and filling each other in about the high school plan. Lia made a to-do list, annoying.

"I am grounded. I just need to plan out my sneaking out mission." I say with a nod.

"You're always grounded." Tyler deadpanned.

"Yea, cuz I hang out with you guys." I said emphasizing 'you guys'.

"But you love us, don't you Bella." Noah said pouting.

"Your lips look like you just kissed a pig." Austin added from the opposite side and earned himself a middle finger from Noah.

As soon as I was about to reply, my phone pinged and I opened it to check.

Mom ♥️♾️: Loren will pick you up from school after basketball practice. Some important people are coming to meet us in the evening. I'll be home by 5.

You: Kay!

Who the hell is coming meet us?

"Guys?" They turn their attention to me from their bickering.

"I think I might not be able to make it to the party this evening. Mom will be home and she said someone is coming to meet us. I don't know who."

"Bitch. This is like our last middle school party. Sneak out." Sophia puffed her lips and pouted at me.

"Yeah. There's no party without you. Who is going to get drunk with us?" Austin said.

"I don't know okay. This might be the last time mom lets me out of the house if I get caught. Someone's coming to meet us and I am expected to be there. Who the fuck is coming! Ugh. I will plan something though. I can't miss a party. Don't worry" I sighed.

"My sister will drop me so she can be at her boyfriend's house. I will pick you up. Text me the time." Tyler said.

"Uhuh."

We were going to take juice from the cafeteria court when my phone started ringing so I fished it out of my pocket to see who the caller was. It was my mom, which was rare as she never called during school hours. Second, she just texted me 20 minutes ago.

"Bella, come outside in the parking area, right now. Something urgent came up." Her voice furious and impatient. We just talked on text?!!

"Mom!? What happen-" My friends turned to me looking confused.

"Now Bella! We don't have enough time."

I panicked and picked up my bag. "Ok ok, but what-" I hurried up.