Chapter 10 : The Showdown pt. 1

24th December, 2005
At Umashita park

Hinata's heart pounded in her chest as she stood before her boyfriend, Takemichi.

Shock and hurt surged through Hinata's veins, igniting a fiery rage within her. How could he just drop such a bombshell on her? All the memories they had shared, the promises they had made, now felt like shattered fragments of a once beautiful relationship.

With tears streaming down her face, Hinata's anger boiled over. The pain she felt transformed into a fierce determination, fueling her every move. Without a second thought, she clenched her fists and unleashed a torrent of punches, each one carrying the weight of her shattered heart.

Takemichi fell down. He had never seen this side of Hinata before, the raw strength and determination that now radiated from her. As her fists connected with his body, a mix of emotions flickered across his face - surprise and immense regret. 

"Idiot! Idiot! Idiot! I hate you!" With anger and tears, Hinata yelled.

As the blows continued to rain down on him, her anger began to ebb, replaced by a profound sadness. She realized that even though she was hurting, this act of violence wouldn't bring back what they had lost. It wouldn't mend her broken heart or magically make everything okay.

With one final punch, Hinata stopped, her hands trembling and tears dropping on her now ex boyfriend. She looked at Takemichi, his bruised and battered form mirroring the wreckage of their relationship. He was crying, shedding tears as if he did not want to breakup but still did. His sniffles mingled with his ex girlfriend's. 

Hinata stood up from him with a heavy heart, picked up her umbrella and left, leaving a mess in her ex boyfriend's heart. 

On the cold snowy ground, the boy laid, crying his heart out for no one knows how long. He regretted it so much but for her safety he had to. Flashback of Y/n's words to him stormed his mind as he continued to grieve. 

'All the people in this world do things which have alternative purposes, selfish ones. They do not do things just out of care for someone...Are you sure you don't have any selfish purpose too?'

'Selfishness...yes. I can't be selfish anymore. I knew it would come to this point where I'll have to let go of her for her own sake. I knew it all, yet I still can't bear the pain when it actually happened.' 

With tears fading, his expression switched to a determined one. 

'This pain is nothing compared to what I've felt before. I'd do anything to protect Hina, even if it means breaking up with her and hurting her...'  his brows knitted in determination and fists clenched. He stood up recovering from the event that just broke him. Suddenly, his phone rang in his pocket. He took it out to see Chifuyu's name displayed on it and immediately pressed the green button. 

"Where the fuck are you Takemitchy? We're all here for the meeting." Takemichi was hit with a realisation. 

"O-oh yeah! I'm just on my way! Wait for me just a sec!" 

"Idiot you don't even know where we are, how are you on your way?" 

"Uh...I meant..where are you all? I'll be on my way.." he stuttered awkwardly receiving a sigh from the other line. 

"Juuzo restaurant. And hurry up, we've already waited long enough." 

"Okay!"

Before he could end the call, a sudden jolt of surprise rippled through Takemichi as a shadowy figure emerged behind him. It was Y/n, someone he never expected to encounter in this moment. The shock on his face was palpable as Y/n's piercing gaze locked onto him.