Chapter 19 : Decision

29th December, 2005

It was five in the chilly morning when the sound of footsteps echoed in a certain warehouse. The source of this sound being Toman captains' boots.

'Why are we conducting a meeting this early in the morning..' A certain blonde internally sulked as he rubbed his eyes.

He stretched his arms out and yawned,

'Man I just wanna sleep..' he cried mentally.

He was woken up mid sleep by an almost dead-looking Chifuyu not just a few minutes ago, who told him that their president had called an immediate meeting. He was almost sceptical about it since he thought Mikey wouldn't pull such a shit this early in the morning. But alas, he was refuted when he got a call from Draken to come to the warehouse, immediately.

"What even is this meeting about.." He yawned as he looked at Chifuyu with half lidded eyes.

"Probably about the Christmas brawl and Black dragons." Whispered Chifuyu as both of them stood a few feet away from their president who sat on a big pile of sacks.

Takemichi randomly scanned the place, and suddenly noticed someone's absence. He whisper-shouted at his partner, "Kisaki isn't here..!"

"Oh..! Yeah! Maybe this is something about him!" Chifuyu chimed in a low voice as he looked around the room for the said person.

"But why would Mikey call a meeting about him this earl-"

"Quiet down gossip girls."

Sharp eyes pierced through the duo as the tattooed vice president gave them a warning look. They immediately shut up and diverted their attention towards Mikey as he began his speech,

"I've called this meeting to discuss about a certain person's request to join our gang."

Chit-chat filled the room upon hearing this announcement. Draken shushed everyone with an intense glare to let the president speak further.

"This person played a major role in the Christmas brawl that took place between Black dragons and a few Toman captains." He took a pause and continued with a serious expression, "I've gathered you all to hear your opinions- Should we let L/n Y/n join Toman?" He asked in a loud voice. Takemitchy's drowsy self immediately vanished as his brows raised. Flashback of Y/n telling him and Chifuyu about it, appeared in his head.

"That sly ass Y/n? One that sells gang information?" Nahoya, aka Smiley retorted, clearly displeased at the mention of Y/n. Draken looked at him and nodded.

"How could you even think of letting them join, Mikey? They fought against us on Christmas. It's straight up stupid to even give a single thought about it." Smiley lashed expressing his honest views.

"I agree with him...kinda. Y/n fought against us, and besides they aren't trustworthy in the slightest as they sell information about gangs. They could be a potential threat for all we know." Chifuyu joined in as Takemitchy gave him a surprised look at his betrayal. He thought that Chifuyu had made up with Y/n the other day and maybe had dropped the thought of them being a threat but that wasn't the case.

Everyone's attention was suddenly caught by a lilac haired in the room, and they tentatively listened to him.

"I fought Y/n on Christmas..and from my experience, they're incredibly strong and witty. They can match Draken in terms of fighting capabilities." Mitsuya announced as his eyes met with Mikey's. He stepped forward as he continued,

"Moreover, Y/n's got vital information about other gangs which will definitely come in handy when it's time for a fight. I get how you're all concerned about them not being loyal...but if I may remind y'all, our goal is to expand and create a new era for hoodlums. And I don't believe Y/n's gonna pose as a problem in that." He finished, waiting for Mikey's response to him, but instead, the president diverted his eyes towards Takemitchy.

"What do you say Takemitchy?" He questioned as the blonde boy was caught by surprised that his opinion was especially asked.

"Erm...I believe Y/n is gonna become a great asset for us if we let them join. And just as Mitsuya-kun said, Y/n has all the abilities one needs to be a perfect delinquent. I think we shouldn't miss out on our chance because many gangs are dying to get Y/n to join them while they are requesting us to join ours."

Mikey listened attentively to both sides of the argument. He understood the concerns but also saw the potential in having Y/n on their side.

"Does anyone else want to share their views?" He asked and waited for a moment for others to speak up. After a minute of silence, Mikey made his decision. "I've heard all of your opinions, and I appreciate your honesty," He began. "But I believe Y/n can be a valuable asset to Toman. Yes, they may be untrustworthy but their knowledge and combat skills can make them a secret weapon in fights. We can train them, guide them, and make sure they stay loyal to us."

Smiley and Chifuyu didn't seem entirely convinced, but they respected Mikey's decision as their president. They knew that their president had a knack for seeing potential in people.

"Alright, President. If you think it's the best move for Toman, then we'll go along with it," Chifuyu said, voicing his support.

Smiley sighed but nodded in agreement. "I trust your judgment, Mikey. Let's give Y/n a chance and see how they prove themselves." Others nodded along accepting their President's decision. They had faith in him.

"Thank you. Now, since everyone is aware of how our third division captain-Kisaki tetta- snitched on us on Christmas," He paused as his eyes travelled around the room meeting with everyone else's.

"I'll be declaring his exclusion in the next official Toman meeting, on 31st."

Mikey announced as the captains cheered hearing this announcement. Especially the first division captain, he was over the moon. His partner gave him a proud look as they both grinned widely.

With the meeting coming to an end, Mikey thanked everyone for their input and assured them that he would handle the situation with Y/n personally. The captains left the meeting, except for the blonde duo that still had something left to ask.

"Why did you call this meeting so early today, Mikey-kun?" Takemitchi asked in a confusion as it still bugged him. Chifuyu nodded along, curious as well.

"I'm not sure. I had a vague dream and then I suddenly had the urge to call you all and finish up making my decision.." Mikey trailed off as the group strolled outside with him leading at the front and Draken being right after him.

"I swear you get the weirdest dreams." The vice president commented with a snicker as Takemitchy got even more confused but decided to shake it off and just go home to finish his sleep cycle.

-

Word count - 1,206