Acceptance 1

Sitting infront of the mirror dressed in red colored beautiful bridal lehenga with heavy jwellery.

Looking like a complete bride the most important thing which was missing was the glow of happiness from her face, her eyes were hollow, empty of any emotions.

This marriage was just a burden for her. She was staring at her reflection.

This is what you deserve Adhira

I never loved you...

How can you even think of marrying me. You are not even of my standards.

You never cared for me dii.

I regret the day you were born.

She closed ears with her hands trying to get rid of all the thoughts. The mind was playing tricks on her.

"SHUT UP...Shut up please...please" she screamed on top of her lungs and a tear slipped from her eyes.

She felt a hand on her shoulders.
"Adhira are you ok" a soft and concerned voice bought her back to reality.

A girl of her same age dressed in light pink coloured lehenga in light makeup. She had long lashes with small face and a sharp nose with long wavy hairs left untied.

"Adhira what's the matter please don't hurt yourself anymore" she said slowly and hugged her tightly.

"Savi I can't do this...I don't want to destroy his life. How will he react when he will know that the person whom he might expect to bring luck to his life is already cursed?" She asked with teary eyes.

"Please don't say like this you are not a curse but lucky for him. He will be lucky to have you" savi replied looking straight into her eyes.

"What if he get to know about my past?"

"What if he too starts believing me as a bad omen?"

"What if he treats me the same way the other did?" Her voice became weaker by the end of the sentence.

Her head was hanging low with disappointment.

"Why are you overthinking? everything will be fine just believe in yourself" Savi held her hand pressed it in assurance and passed her a smile.

Adhira was nervous and underconfident but she was not in a position to backoff from the marriage. It was not just about herself, she had to think about her father and this time she cant give him a chance to be disappointed from her.

"Is Adhira not yet ready? the guests have arrived tell her to come downstairs in 10 mins" A lady came inside and ordered rudely without giving them any chance to speak she left.

"I hate her seriously" Savi murmured glaring at the way she left.

Adhira was helpless and gave her an apologetic look.

"lets go or else that anaconda will return" Savi dramatically said.

Adhira chuckled at her comment. Savi fixed her vail properly and whispered in her ears" Vivaan is going to faint for sure. babe you are looking so damn gorgeous"

Adhira widened her eyes at her and slapped her playfully.

"Ouch lady why do you keep hitting me" savi dramatically said.

"If you are done with your drama let's go now" Adhira rolled her eyes at her antics.

"Yea sure I can see someone is very eager to see someone" savi teased

"OK I am not in a hurry" Adira passed her a tight smile and sat on the bed.

"Yaar I am just joking let's go or else anaconda will return" savi said with wide eyes pulling her up from the bed.

They both then went downstairs.

When the reached the hall was filled with guests. Adhira cluched savi's hand tightly like a kid afraid of being lost. She was not ready to leave her hand.

"Adhira relax everything is fine. I am here. Take a deep breath" Savi whispered and gave her an assuring smile.

She then took her till the place where a priest was already sitting and the holy fire was burning infront of him.

Adhira gaze were lowered she didn't lift her head to even see the person whom she was getting married to. She sat beside him with mixed feelings.

On the other hand Vivaan was staring at her from the time she entered he was noticing her every move. He was hypnotized by her beauty. His eyes held a glint of a emotion which can't be deciphered.

But smile faded when she didn't lift her head to look at him. He felt like someone just poured water on the fire.

His masked his expression very well.

"Wow I am so proud of myself my own soon to be wife doesn't even spared me a glance" he murmured with disappointment clear in his tone.

Adira heard him and lifted her gaze but only half of his face was visible. Soon the priest started chanting his mantras, they completed every ritual and only one was left.

"The groom has to fill the partion of the bride's hair with the vermillion" the prist said.

Vivaan took a pinch of the vermillion and filled the partition of her hair with it. Some of it sprinkled on her nose. She closed her eyes when she felt his touch.

He was then asked to clasp the nuptial chain around her neck. He delicately clasped it and intentionally brushed his fingers. Adhira shivered when his hands made contact with her neck.

"Congratulations the wedding is completed, you may take the blessings of the elders" the priest said.

Vivan stood up and forwarded his hands to help Adhira. She hesitantly took it and stood up. They went towards the family and took everyone's blessings.

Finally it was time for the departure. Her eyes filled with tears thought her bonding with her was not so good but she always loved them specially her sister and her father.

The person whom she was missing the most was not there for her. She needed her at the point but she was aware that her wish could never come true. Thinking about it a tear slipped from her eyes.

Savi can understand her situation she knew she must be missing her. But she was helpless, she can only console her for it.

" She is always there for you Adhira. She won't like to see tears in your eyes" Savi felt her throat clogged with emotions she was trying her best to not cry in front of her.

"I am her strong daughter, I won't let her down" Adhira said wiping her tears.

While leaving she turned towards the entrance but neither her sister nor her father was present.

Her chest tightened. She felt abandoned at that moment. The time which is one of the most special for every girl. Adhira was left alone by her own family, with heavy heart and tears in her eyes Adhira the place with Vivaan.

They both sat inside the car and soon the car took its pace.

It was a new journey of life for Adhira leaving her everything behind her only the memories were left with her.
The only person she will miss would be Savi because she stayed with her standing and facing every situation along with her. Not once did she leave her hand.

Adhira was watching out of the window capturing every scenery from her eyes.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hey bubbles!!

So this is the first chapter of Acceptance.
I hope you all enjoyed it.

And don't forget to vote, share and comment your opinions about it.