18. Discussion

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color
✏︎(s/c)=skin color
✏︎(f/c)=favourite colour

The words in italics represent thoughts.
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

From within the glasses of the (l/n) family estate, Giyuu saw movements: a lot of movements. Nonetheless, he knocked at the door. The matriarch opened and welcomed him in. He heard hubbub and saw people walking around, wounded people. An incident must have happened. He stopped. "You're busy, I should leave."

"Unnecessary. You came all the way here."

She reached his arm and together, they walked through the mansion's halls. He would have hated the contact coming from anyone else but Ayaka's touch was calming. "What has happened?"

"A demon attack in a night market. A tirthy of citizens died and a few people from our ranks. A true shame, really. There were about 8 demons. Luckily, the Stone Hashira came to their aid and took care of the situation. There were a lot of wounded, though. Not severe enough for them to all be sent to the Butterfly Estate. Which is why, we are quite busy..."

"I see."

"But, you know, I'm quite relieved to see you here! I must admit that I'm concerned for my (y/n), she's been working for a few days nonstop."

"Where do I play a role in that?"

"I'd like you to use your...charisma to make her take a break! By force, if needed. Speaking of the wolf!" and sure enough, there you stood in the hallway, by Gyomei Himejoma's side.

"I understand your concerns, Himejima-sama, but I assure you we have it all under control. If I held any doubt on the matter I would have noticed Kocho-sama."

"Very well, I entrust them to you," and he bowed, moving along, down the halls. Stopping to greet his fellow Hashira.

"Tomioka."

"Himejima"

And they parted ways.

They were no friends but every time, they'd share a short greeting without fail. And ultimately, he looked at you. Dishevelled and baggy kimono. You looked worse than when you stood upon the boiling pot of wisteria juice and that was saying...a lot. "Your mother is worrying about you. Please take a break." Ayaka (l/n), to her dismay and to your biggest entertainment, hid herself in a corner, embarrassed. "Oh, is she?"

"Tomioka Giyuu is this what you call use of your charisma!?"

"Yes."

"Deceived!"

You laughed and put your caring eyes upon your lover. "Very well. I will take a break. Lead the way, gentleman!"

•••

Side by side, you walked in the garden. In silence, like most times. Giyuu wasn't a big chatter. For a long time did you think you would have needed a chatty someone to match your carefreeness. Perhaps were you wrong? This was refreshing and never did you have to speak for him to understand you. The opposite was not... let's say you couldn't do the same. He was not exactly what anyone would call an open book. "Why did you come? I doubt you came all this way because my mother asked you to."

"It has been a moment." He said it calmly as if it was a mere detail, nothing important.

"You came to see me?"

"...."

You weren't a shy girl but you couldn't help but feel your cheeks warm up at his silence, speaking loudly about his intents. He did come to see you. "Lucky me!" and you'd push his shoulder teasingly. You laughed. "Since when have I been deserving such attention?" That's right, when? The joyful eyes you gave him or perhaps was it your mere presence, giving him such courage? Such questions he couldn't allow to think of too much, afraid it'd show. Tomioka Giyuu enjoyed having control of his life, it was reassuring. You'd learn that with time.

"CROAK CROAK!"

"Kaiyô?"

"Mission for Tomioka Giyuu at a village in the north! Mission for Tomioka Giyuu at a village in the north! Please proceed quickly! Please proceed quickly!"

He sighed. "I must go."

You smiled. "An Hashira is a full-time hero. Now go."

And has he walked down the alleyway, toward his mission, your mother reached for your arm. "Mother?"

"Who is he?" Her voice turned cold and made you shiver. You didn't like where this was going. And shyly, you asked : "What?"

"To you. Who is he?"

It hit like a ton of bricks. Not the heavy ones, not out of fear. It was worry. Yet, despite it all, she was your mother. Hiding anything from her would be pointless. "Let's say we're not friends, mother."

"Lovers?"

"Perhaps?"

Immediately, she removed her arm from yours. Her breath turned heavy "(y/n)...He's a Hashira! He...he could die any day!"

A normal person would lose their cool, scream and spit words of hate to their parent but you couldn't bring yourself to act so childishly. Your father had perished under a demon's claws as he was doing some errands. A mocking accident, really. Your mother was scared - far from disapproving. "Mother, I know death." You had to act harsh. Shake her to her core and challenge her for her to open up.

"I know, but..." she stepped back like a scared puppy.

"Are you trying to say you are against this relationship?"

The late was long.

Minutes.

Ayaka sighed and kneeled down, reaching to the grass and she played with the strands of grass: copying the behaviour of a lost child, comforting herself.

"I'm worried you might suffer but if you love him, truly love him, then it's worth it." She glanced at you and smiled weakly. "I've suffered from the loss of my love and desire this devastating feeling upon no one, but in the end, I wouldn't change much to it. Somehow, I wish you the same..."

It ached you to see her like this. "Mother..."

"But you're my child and I will always be worried for you until my last breath. It is my duty."

"I like him," she finally said.

"I'm sorry for reacting so strongly. I must have surprised you or worse, hurt your feelings. I... apologize." She added.

It was now your turn to feel the grass between your fingers. "Something's sure, your reaction was honest and thats something I value, it's honesty. A value you taught me."

"Oh, you! You sure know how to make your mother feel better, don't you!" and she squeezed your cheek, tongue out. "Ma! Stop! Now you're ruining the moment!"

"Oh now! Don't be like that!"

1153 words

This one was hell to write: damn it was hard!

I really wanted to make an emotional mother, despite how strong she's been acting since the beginning of this story. An anxious mother, with a short panic attack holding no ill intentions. I just wish I made it feel right and sincere.