07. Wisteria

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color
✏︎(s/c)=skin color
✏︎(f/c)=favourite colour

The words in italics represent thoughts.
  ╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

The demon was still disintegrating upon the floor as you ran to your mother, uncaring of your own health.You looked around for a piece of large cloth. Sensing your despair, Tomioka grabbed a pillow and quickly removed its case. "There!" Adrenaline drove you, through your own bloody fingers, you covered your mother's wound and pressed. "Hang on!"

"(Y/n), it's okay."

"Don't be ridiculous!" you barked, insulted. The cloth was starting to drench. You hurriedly looked at the Hashira. "Throw me another cloth!"

The look in your eyes hit him to his core. Tears, yes, but vivid. Seeing someone like this hurt him. No matter how cold he appeared. It hurt. This look in your eyes wasn't sadness: it was guilt. You were pushed by adrenaline and nothing else.

"Tomioka-san!" you insisted upon his motionlessness.

He threw another pillowcase but as soon as your fingers brushed the tissue, a kakushi busted into the room and immediately went by your side. "Please, let us take care of it."

Their quick arrival was a relief. So you let go and took a deep breath. "My sister. My bro-"

"Your siblings are safe with my colleagues. Please help me lift her!" The kakushi requested. Before you could even move forward, Giyuu had already taken off and held up the woman.

And before you knew it you stood outside, by the Hashira's side as your family was being well taken care of. The adrenaline was running off and soon, you started trembling. The chills only enforced when you observed the thick wisteria walls. How? Standing there, eyes wide, shaking. A calling brought you back to reality.

"(l/n)-san. We must make haste to catch up."

"The wisteria," you spoke. The hashira, nonetheless surprised by these words seemingly out of place took note. As he was about to question you, a kakushi called him : "Tomioka-sama, we must go!"

Now matter how Giyuu looked at the situation he knew you wouldn't move an inch. You were shaken. How more natural? "Go forward." he ordered. He had not raised his voice by an inch and yet, he was obeyed.

"The demon shouldn't have been able to reach the house," you analyzed. "The wisteria should have stopped that. It should!" The sound escaped dryly as you went to the Water Hashira. "If a low-level demon can make it. Oyakata-sama!" The possibilities fell upon you and quickly you thought of the worst. "Tomioka-san!"

Calm he was and calmer should he remain. His hands came to grab your shoulders firmly as he gave you tiny pushes to walk forward by your side. "I'll inform Oyakata-sama. Let's get to the butterfly estate."

"But-"

"If anything would have happened to him tonight we would already know."

He stopped, his eyes trailing on your silhouette. Upon your lavender nightclothes rested multiple blood stains, some considerable. Mostly the demon as its body fell upon you. Stoic as he was, he couldn't care less if he had been the one full of blood. Yet you were and your comfort on the matter was not the same. He was no brute, after all. "Would you like to change into clean clothes before we leave?"

"Yes. Thank you..."

•••

The zenitude of the estate dried down the remaining of your anxiety. You looked upon the Hashira and offered him a weak smile, thanking him for his patience. He nodded. Simple clear. Down, you looked and a droplet of blood you saw. On his fingers was blood. You quickly brought it under your attention, lifting his sleeve. "Tomioka-san, you're hurt...You should have told me!"

"It looks worse than it is."

"Tomioka-san," you lectured him quietly.

You stopped as you arrived at the doorstep, where a young girl waited. Long raven-haired in braids with green accessories. "Are you hurt Tomioka-sama?"

"Takada-san They-"

No. This was the final straw for you. There was so much hit to your pride you could take on such short time.

"I'll take care of Tomioka-san." you declared firmly.

"They're just scratches." he completed.

"Scratches?" asked the gal.

Upon the two pairs of worried eyes, the man had but no choice to speak up. "The demon scratched me."

You wouldn't let it slide. You grabbed upon his haori, keeping him from walking away; you imposed yourself. "Please. Let me treat your wounds. It's the least I can do."

778 words