06. Attack

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color
✏︎(s/c)=skin color
✏︎(f/c)=favourite colour

The words in italics represent thoughts.

⚠️Warning⚠️
This part contains graphic description of blood and gore
  ╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Speeding up, Kaiyō kept flying in circles. He had been giving his all for the past two weeks. So much so that he barely took breaks during the visits : even Mitsuri's! Barely stopped for his future master's visits as well.

Speaking of which poor him had to spend a full day here. The poor man couldn't leave. Why? Oh, why? The charms of your mother, of course! Or should you say imposition?

"Oh please stay for lunch."

"Oh my, have you seen the time? Please stay for dinner. It's on us!"

"Might as well stay for the night. At this hour you won't make it to your estate before the first rises of the sun. Please stay, I'll be at peace."

No mortal being could say no to Ayaka (l/n). Or should you say no was never an answer for this woman?

Poor Giyuu, surrounded by not only a determined hostess but also by an unbothered teenager, an energetic girl as well as a bird fanatic.

"Say, say, Tomioka-san!" let out Suzume.

"Huh?"

"Your sword, is it heavy?" Suzume tapped its grip. "It's shiny too!"

"Suzume, don't touch what isn't yours!" Your mother lectured.

"Sorry..."

"I don't mind." He looked at the young girl, an unbothered expression plastered on his face . "It's not heavy. I think."

"You think!?"

"Well, I'm used to it."

"Didn't think about that, heh?" teased the brother. The youngest only puffed her cheeks for an answer. "I'll let you know I'm very smart!"

You laughed upon these memories as you gave the fledglings their evening snacks.

This laugh, however, didn't last long.

A gut feeling. That's what happened. This feeling twisted your stomach ; it hurt. Your throat turned dry. You dropped the bag. The crows feathers all stiffened, their body shaking to their core. Your worst nightmare came true as screams reached you. High-pitched ones. A young girl. Never had your heart beaten so fast.

Before the simplest thought could slide through, you started running, "Suzume!"

Bursting inside, you fetched the blade and rushed to the young girl's room. Without hesitation, you busted it open. Your blood turned cold under the horrible sight.

Your mother, lying down in a bloody puddle upon her two children. Was it her blood? Your sister's? Your brother's? All mixed together? What was certain was that the youngest was weeping into her brother's arm as he tried his best to cover his mother as well. "(y/n), no...leave..." Natoru begged.

"Stop..." You raised the weapon and slid it in a diagonal in front, the two blades showing off. "Back off!"

The slender silhouette stepped to the side and laughed. A dry laugh. As if, at every second, he was being strangled. High-pitched and insane ; mocking. Red eyes came to stare into your soul. It reached you to your dept. Your spine straightened, a cold breeze reaching you. "Leave them alone!"

The demon laughed. "Or what!? You'll hit me? BOOOOOHOOOOOO."

No matter how childish of a behaviour, he was right. Yet you couldn't bare to let it show. Weakness was not an option. So when it rushed, you blocked, keeping your breath steady as Natoru, caring as he was begged more and more for you to stop and run to simply live. You, on the other hand, refused and insisted, heading right in the fight.

"Natoru, can you run?"

His hazel eyes burned with tears upon your words. He knew what you'd ask of him ; run away. Wouldn't him running away make him useless? He looked upon the girl in his arms bleeding profusely from her ear, torn. That's when I hit him ; his pride was a mere detail. He swallowed it and accepted his mission. "Mother?" he asked.

"Go." she whispered, weakened but hanging on. "It will take more to end me. Care for your sister."

As he slid away, holding the youngest dearly, the matriarch used her remaining strength to give them a push, the demon went for them. You blocked. You could keep up with the lesser demon but you weren't well trained and of course, it didn't take long until he got the best of you. The nails digging in your hand like sharp knives. You yelped. The stench of new blood only drove the demon crazier. You already had an hard time but this was ringing the end of you.

What hurt the most was seeing your mother cry for you, unable to help. "Stop!" she repeated, helpless.

The demon pushed you more and more toward the wall until you were defeated. "I'm sure you'll make a nice meal, huh? Raw or cooked?" You hit him with your fists. He laughed. "What are You trying to do? Tickle me? Oooooh, you're so fun that I think I'll-"

You felt a weight fall on you. A beheaded corpse. The demon's. You hadn't notice. He got beheaded. How? When? Who? You raised your eyes to see that before you floated a two-sided haori.

Relieved, you finally allowed tears to slip from your eyes. "Tomioka-san..."

894 words