13. The meeting

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color
✏︎(s/c)=skin color
✏︎(f/c)=favourite colour

The words in italics represent thoughts.
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

There you stood, the 5 of you in front of the Ubuyashiki estate gate.

Ayaka sighed loudly as if she had held her breath for minutes. "Mother?"

"Don't worry. I'm merely anxious." She smiled and patted your shoulder warmly. It wasn't enough to reassure you and Giyuu sensed it. "You have nothing to be ashamed of. You're a fine family leader, Ayaka (l/n)." How did he know what to say?

His words reached you to your core. You held your breath, touched by his caringness. You knew he had a heart of gold but never had it established candidly as this. This pride you held for your family was shining brighter than ever. This didn't escape Giyuu's glance, not a bit.

"You're right. I'm a leader." declared your mother, all smiles. And so, softly she reached out to him and caressed his cheek. "Thank you for reminding me, Tomioka-san."

The warmth of a mother. A touch he had long lost. Suddenly getting hit by a wave of old souvenirs he stepped back, chagrined by his past loss. "We shall enter before they question our delay," he said and so the matriarch - who hadn't taken ill this sudden cold shoulder - turned toward her children. "Now, let's position ourselves as he said, ok? I'm sure we'll be perfect, alright?" Giyuu held his promise and helped every one of the family members to understand how such a strict meeting would occur and gave you a quick reminder - upon your request. This was all so stressful.

He knocked at the gate which almost immediately opened and behind it, in the garden stood the remaining 8 Hashiras.

The youngest of the (l/n) reached out to the man, uneasy. To get his attention she tugged his haori gently. "Tomioka-san. I only know you and Kanroji-san. So..."

"There's no need for you to know everyone Suzume. Just stick with your family and everything will be fine."

The young gal nodded, reassured to have been given clear directions before rushing to her safe person: her mother. As for you and Natoru well, you followed Giyuu's steps. Your mother, just behind.

"Change of style Tomioka?" Not only was this man tall but he was not discreet either by his comments or his appearance. White hair, make-up but mostly....jewels everywhere. He motioned to his ears. "Nice earrings," he added.

As a sole response, the Water Hashira hummed and kept walking forward, conserving his usual social awkwardness among his peers. "Don't ignore me, you fool!" (Yes, I love to make Uzui being disrespected. I have no shame.) "Not worth it."

"I heard that Tomioka!" he screamed.

"Stop whining. It's annoying." lamented a raven-haired up from his tree.

There was a lot of fuss among the troops until Kiriya, the family's only son, stepped outside. "The Master is ready to receive you." 

•••

Again in the dimly lit room. Obedient and careful toward their master everyone remained silent. You found yourself to be more nervous than last time as, well, the present matter was not only worrisome but crucial. Regardless, your anxiety couldn't restrain you from doing your best. You couldn't allow it!