09. Standing

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color
✏︎(s/c)=skin color
✏︎(f/c)=favourite colour

The words in italics represent thoughts.
  ╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

The birds chirped. The very opposite of yesterday. What hadn't changed was the pain in your knuckles so, as you had sworn yourself, the first thing you did upon waking up was to change your bandages. Clean and pure white.

You sighed and walked in a circle in the garden, concern devouring your insides. "(y/n)!"

Within the horizon ran someone. Long strands of hair floating, a skirt; hair of bright unique colors. "Mitsuri..." The love Hashira hugged you tight. Her strong arms holding you close scared to let go. "As soon as I heard I- Oh (y/n)!" she hid her face in your shoulder. "You should have been so scared!" never ever leaving your touch, she stepped back, her hands sliding to your own, holding them strongly. "How are you?"

So much has happened and so few answers. You didn't even know if your mother would survive the loss of her arm. What would happen if the worst scenario came true? "(y/n)?" Never had such worry appeared within the Love Hashira eyes. Or perhaps was it that you eyes were so full of threatening tears that the sparkles were illusioned. "I don't know. I don't know..." warm droplets start to fall. "Oh, no, no, no!" She cleaned the tear with her thumb. "I don't want to see you cry. You're too beautiful to cry!"

You snorted. "There's no such thing."

"Now it is!"

Upon such behaviour, you couldn't help but smile and for Mitsuri, that was mission accomplished. This smile of yours, as a ring of good fortune, came upon your face the moment your brother barged outside with...Suzume.

"(y/n)"

"Sissy!" the gal ran and ran until, finally she could jump in your arms, her energy never failing. "Oh, Suzie!" You twirled, sharing this sisterhood key moment together, as if alone. Her eyes, however, quickly filled in sorrow. "I can't wear earrings anymore." Her earlobe was destroyed, cut and misshapen. It was obvious. Even through the bandages. Oh. The family jewels. You put her down and kneeled. "I will make you a necklace. It will be a unique jewel in the family. Unique like you."

Happiness came back to the gal. "Really?"

"Promise." You sealed it with a hug and over your shoulder, Suzume's bright azul eyes saw the hero of the day. "Tomioka-san!" Immediately everyone turned their attention to the man, who, indeed stood a little further, on the trail. Surely he had plan to sneak away and leave you to it. "Morning." he whispered

The girl ran to the man and embraced him in a hug. "Thank you." Shaken by the sudden warmth, he froze. Only to end up gently petting the girl's head. You and Natoru went up to him and shared greetings.

"How is your mother?" Giyuu asked.

Your mother. Last of all you saw, she was on the floor, drenched in blood, her blood. Her arm, detached from her. She had lost so much what if this was the final straw? This turmoil of questions filled with dread and anxiety were put to an end by words you'd pray Natoru said earlier : "Our mother is stable."

"She is?" you asked, awaiting for your brother to repeat himself. "Kocho-san said she was in a perfectly stable condition."

"She is!" you jumped toward the man and held his hands. "It's all thanks to you!"

He looked away. "We talked about this. You played your part."

How stubborn could he be? Yet it made you feel all fuzzy. The positive feeling was more than welcomed. You smiled. "We did but...I'm stubborn."

743 words

I swear I gotta write longer chapters.

but like if I add more it just feels that whatever I feel is irrelevant to the story (to me) so I'm better off not adding them, right?

Right?

Right!?

Like sure I could describe the appearance of (y/n) family members but it would also specify (y/n) appearance would it not and it would ruin the main idea of inserting an (y/n), idea that's meant to allow the readers to create their very own part in the story. Am I overthinking again?

Who Am I kidding? Of course I am!