Chapter 28

The next day, we went shopping for our Secret Santa presents. My parents told us to spread out so we don't have to run into anyone.

"When will we meet back?" Sebastian asked my parents.

"The chocolate fountain shop around two pm." My mom replied, and we all went our separate ways.

I walked along the sidewalk, looking through shops that didn't have a correlating style to Miles's. It's the afternoon, and it's been snowing since yesterday's events.

My eyes scanned through shops, and the Nike shop caught my eye. I walked in, pushing the door in front of me.

Immediately, I found a pair of Nike Keychain. I picked it up and picked a pair of purple Nikes.

I hope he likes them.

I go to the cash register and pay for them. The cashier puts the items in a bag, and I leave the shop. Then, I walk into another shop full of cards.

I look through the cards as I explore which one is my favorite. So far, some of them are the same. All of them are 'Dear Boyfriend...' or associated with 'I love you', which I'm not ready for yet.

One catches my eye, a purple card with a genuine message inside, and a funny cover on the front with an envelope.

I pick it up and pay for it at the cash register. Then, I leave the store and check the time.

1:50 pm.

I have ten minutes to walk back to the chocolate fountain shop, so I start walking back. After eight minutes, I spotted my friends walking to the shop. Evie and Noelle spot me and wave at me. I wave back and increase my pace so I can catch up to them.

We all walk into the shop and meet my parents. "Have fun?" My dad asked all of us.

"Yup! We can't wait!" Noelle says on behalf of all of us. After shopping, we all had lunch at a restaurant and also took numerous pictures because my mom said so.

And I can't say no to her.

Afterward, we went to get some Christmas wrapping paper, and we went back to the cabin. Our mom told us to separate ourselves so we could make our presents.

"I don't like being separated," Evie complained from the other side of the room from where I was.

"Well, what is Secret Santa if the point is to give a present and let it be a secret?" I tell her as I finish wrapping the shoe box with tape and hide the presents under the bed.

"I guess you're right, but I don't like being alone." She states.

"Understandable."

"Oooh! I have a great idea, we should all go to an abandoned haunted house all together!" She suggests as she opens my door, assuming she's done wrapping her presents.

"You didn't knock." I make a face at her. She takes it into account and knocks on my door even though she's still in my room.

I face-palm my forehead and tell her, "Okay, first of all, going into an abandoned haunted house is a bad idea."

"Haunted house? That sounds like fun." Carlos pops up and leans against my doorframe with his arms crossed.

Evie and I turn our heads to Carlos.

"Trust me, it isn't," I tell him.

I have experience and did not go well.

"Gabriel? I don't like this. Can we go home now?" I asked my big brother for guidance, but he brushed it off.