Chapter 27

"Ha! You missed!" Carlos points out as Noelle misses a snowball thrown at him.

However, I managed to aim a perfect throw at him.

"Hey! You're paying for my nose!" He complains.

What I didn't see coming was two snowballs thrown at me in different directions by Gabriel and Miles.

Oh? He's going to pay for that.

I grab another snowball from the stack and hit Miles in the head.

He turns around and glares at me, getting a snowball as it's thrown at me, but I duck in time.

"You didn't get me, HAHAHA." I laugh hysterically as he misses me. What I didn't see coming was he lunged himself at me.

"Who's the winner?" He tickles me at my sides.

"Me!" I laugh at his weapon technique to convince me to give in.

"Who's the winner??" He asks me again, tickling me harder.

"You! You are, Miles!" I give in as he stops tickling me, and I get up.

"That was the right choice." He states as he helps me up.

"You're welcome." I sarcastically say, but he ignores my comment, chuckling.

After the snowball fight, Miles and I took the ski lift. I numerously told my parents that we were going to be responsible. They finally gave in after I gave them multiple reasons.

"Are you having fun?" I ask Miles.

"I'm glad I did this." He smiles and gives me a peck on the side of my face.

"I'm glad, too." I lean my head onto his shoulder as we wait until we get to the hill.

Despite the long wait, we got off the lift and walked to the edge of the long slope. It wasn't as steep, so that's a good sign.

I spotted Gabriel with Carmen, and he saw me. "Hey! Wanna race off? Me versus Miles and you versus Carmen?"

"Why not? I might beat Carmen." I state confidently.

"Oh, it's on!" Carmen gets in the heat, and she straps her helmet.

"Let's get to it, then!" I say as I do the same.

Carmen counts it off, and we both race down the slope. She's a few feet ahead of me, and I pick up the speed.

I'm now next to her, and we follow the zig-zags of the trail. I get ahead of her and use my skis to get faster.

Unfortunately, she picks up the speed and gets a few inches ahead of me.

I'm not letting that slide.

I pick up my pace and get a foot ahead of her. I race to the end of the line, and I even get ahead of her. I reach the end of the line and get across.

I throw my arms in victory and scream, "Woohoo!!! That's how Hernandez's do it!"

"Good race, another time, and maybe I'll beat you," Carmen states, and she gives me a high five.

I see Gabriel and Miles ski to us.

"I was so close, and he caught up to me a few inches. How does one do that?" Gabriel complains as he rubs his face in annoyance.

"I'm just better." Miles winks at me.

"Oh? Just wait, I'll beat you one day." Gabriel promises him as he skis to Carmen, and they have a moment together.

"Wow, my boyfriend beat my brother in a ski race? I'm so proud." I put my hands over my heart like a proud mom.