Eirina Gets Betrayed By the Person She Once Called Her Brother

Eira and Percy took the quickest taxi they could while keeping their heads low. Eira had advised Percy to keep his head down and covered with his hoodie so that no one could recognize him. She could sense the boy's nervousness, so she grabbed his hand, rubbing her thumb against his knuckles, as though to reassure him.

They approached the Empire State Building. The sight took Eira's breath away. The Empire State Building had the Lotus Casino illusion. It looked small on the outside, but it was way bigger than they thought on the inside. They walked casually into the building and approached the desk confidently.

"The tour line starts over there," said the guard in a bored voice.

"We're not here for the tour, sir," Eira answered calmly as Percy shrugged the backpack off his shoulders. "We have a special delivery to Mount Olympus."

Percy unzipped the backpack and put the metal cylinder firmly on the desk. The guard stared at it in shock before looking up at the two young teens. Eira smirked as Percy spoke.

"We don't have an appointment with Zeus, but this seems like an emergency. I'm sure that the King of Olympus would like this back."

The guard was a stumbling mess before digging around in one of the drawers to find a key. He handed it to Percy.

"You'll see a lock that'll fit into the key's shape," the guard explained, his eyes still wide. "A button to the 600th floor will appear. That is where Mount Olympus is."

They said their thanks. Percy grabbed the bolt and stuffed it back into his backpack. He grabbed Eira's hand and pulled her along towards the elevator. They made sure that they were the only ones there before working the key into the lock. The 600th floor button appeared just seconds later. Percy pushed it, and they were immediately zooming up through the air.

When they came to a halt, the doors opened to reveal the stunning Mount Olympus. It looked both modern and ancient with Greek architecture littering the entire city. They walked through it, noticing a large staircase leading to the top of the mountain. Eira was sure that the top of the palace was where Mount Olympus really was.

After a lot of climbing, they finally reached the summit. They immediately spotted Zeus, who was sitting on his kingly throne, wearing a black suit. When he saw the two teens approaching him, he stood up, his eyebrows furrowed. He got to his feet and slowly approached them. Percy came to a halt and shrugged off the backpack once more. He revealed the master bolt and presented it to the King of the gods. Zeus slowly reached out for it before wrapping his hands tightly around it. A loud rumble of thunder filled the air. And, it seemed as though some of the weight on Eira's shoulders had been released. She breathed a sigh of relief upon hearing the cracking noise.

Zeus still did not seem pleased. He scowled at Percy, who kept his head down.

"You've passed the deadline, boy," Zeus finally boomed.

"We know," Percy answered.

"It's not his fault, sir," Eira immediately jumped in. "It was —"

"The Casino's," the god sneered. "I was watching everything. The war will still continue, but I kindly thank you for bringing me my bolt back."

"We also think that Kronos is rising from Tartarus," Percy blurted out as the god began to turn away. "We could hear what was going on in the bottomless pit. He's returning. Or at least, he's trying."

"I know where Kronos is," said Zeus flatly. "I put him there, myself. Now, thank you. You may leave."

"I thought that you would at least listen!" Percy burst out angrily.