CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR
Anton Pierre

A LOT OF things were not adding up in the documents that Geneviève had forwarded to me. Working on those documents took most of the time but I knew where to start now but I won't be the one handling that aspect, the girl in front of me would.

A lot shorter than me but her presence told me not to underestimate her and I wouldn't I know what she's capable of because I helped nurture the talent that she already had. Well not everyone would agree that it's a talent.

It also helps that people underestimate her.

"Anya, you know I wouldn't be here if I wasn't certain that you can do it." The girl's gives me a sharp look. She has what most say 'a resting bitch face' it doesn't rattle me.

"Then you can do it yourself."

"This task is easy for you, why won't you do it?" She only needed to question a few officials of the airport today I had even scheduled an appointment so she just needs to go there and question them while looking around if she can get something.

"Because I don't want to."

Time to change my approach, "are you angry at me?"

She gives me a nasty look, "yeah, don't try that again. Thanks."

The sun was high up, but the wind helped cool us down against the heat.

"What do I get out of it."

After working years together, I thought I'd get a free pass but guess I'm no different from everyone else, "I'll owe you one and money."

"Now you're talking."

I shook my head, I should have started with money, "is the designer a good one?"

"You are asking the one person that doesn't know anything about fashion." My mind went back to the sketches she showed me, "don't think she's bad though and I looked her up, she gets lots of praises."

"Then money will be rolling."

As a middleman, working between thieves and rich people I was closest to the thieves since I am one. I belonged to the thieving gang before my father found me and brought me to the people, I now called family but that didn't mean I'd turn my back on the ones I first called family.

Anya held the reigns of the gang now; she finds me something of value and I sell it. She has enough money to stop but she loves the thrill of stealing that's why our business arrangement works.

I'll also need her help and the others if we want to find those missing pieces.

"So, what do I need to do?"

I informed her on what she needed to do but as I said this would be the easiest part of this process. She'll be able to get the answers that might help me, but I'll be following up a different lead too.

"You need to do it alone and if there are any problems call me." She gave me a mock salute, "aye, aye."

"And just focus on the mission." I start, "please."

She waved me off, "yeah, yeah."

"Now about the shipments." One of the main reasons I even came to Paris, someone is messing with me.

"You heard anything?" I asked Anya, she knew the streets of Paris like the back of her mind and as someone who only comes her in the weekend it's best to ask her.

She shook her head, "nothing about the shipments but I've been hearing about some organization...it could be a potential lead to your mother." Her voice lowers by the end of her sentence.