Best Expressed Through Words

Start from the beginning

"At the end of the world
You'd be the last thing I see
No matter where you go
I'd gladly let you guide me
If it meant we'd stay together
I'd follow you forever
But I think I'd do it anyway
Because in my mind, every second I spend with you is on replay"

Usually Natsu would laugh at Lucy's poems but this was a private poem that was oddly romantic and next to a photo with him in once again. It was almost like she liked him. This was Lucy though, it couldn't be! And so, he flipped again. This time it was a more recently written page. Infact, it was something from a few days ago he remembered.

"November 29th, Natsu and Gray were fighting at the guild today as always. They stopped when Erza came in but he spent the rest of the day with his arm draped around my shoulders and even fell asleep at some point. Whether he's a fire mage or not, I might've overheated in that scenario. He's k̶i̶n̶d̶-o̶f̶ super cute when he's sleeping. He called me a wierdo when he caught me looking at him. I don't know when I stopped taking 'wierdo' as an insult and started thinking about everything he says whether it's an insult, compliment, or even something entirely gibberish!"

Ok, this was a new development. Now he definitely couldn't deny that this entire 3,000 page book was about him because most of the pages he flipped to had a picture with him in and as for the ones with writing, he didn't need to read to know they only spoke of him.

Natsu could only think about what to do with the newly found information of his friend's 'obsession' if you could call it that. Nevermind that, he knew perfectly well it was a crush.

You know what, who cared? He had 5 minutes to regain his composure. He thought he had 5 minutes atleast. The sound of Lucy opening the door 5 minutes early made him jump out of his skin.

The Salamander rushed the books into the correct draws and almost slammed himself into her bed to hide the fact he ever looked through it. When he closed it, he thought he saw a page at the end with a few suggestive words on it but he'd rather not let his imagination run rampant.

"Natsu? Happy? I swear if you guys have been looking through my stuff I'm gonna throw you out the window!" She yelled.

Well, what do you do when you're trying not to get caught? Ah, right, he closed his eyes and pretended to sleep. Then, his face went red again remembering everything.

"He's k̶i̶n̶d̶-o̶f̶ super cute when he's sleeping."

New strategy; turn over with your face in a pillow so she can't see your face but still thinks your sleeping. Natsu could only hope she wouldn't notice anything.

"Ah," Lucy sat down next to him on her bed and began stroking her hands through his hair, "you're asleep again. One of the last times you fell asleep on me you started yelling Gray's name and tried to punch me in the face. I think I better get to bed too."

Now this was strange. Had she been letting him sneak into her bed all those time she awoke to him beside her? For the first time in a long time, Natsu shut down.

Ofcourse, the very next morning, she kicked him out again as if she wasn't the one who let him lay there next to her.

--------

Yesterday's revelation made Natsu think differently on the fine winter day it was; especially when she pulled out that book about him as she shoved him out the window. Lucy was writing about him again, he knew it.

Maybe he wanted to test her, maybe he just wanted to read her fantasising about him again. Who knew?

When she finally got to the guild, he dropped Gray whom he'd previously been fighting and walked over to her table.

"Ooo! Looks who's here to see you, Lu-chan!"

"Hmm?" Lucy turned to see him as he sat down and lay his head against her shoulder. She looked away but he was certain he got a reaction out of her that left her cheeks red.

"Luce, ya wanna go for a walk?" He asked.

"In this weather? It's freezing outside," Lucy responded.

"I could always warm ya up."

Levy gave her friend a knowing look, as if she knew something. Natsu now understood what she meant whenever that happened. Lucy was again blushing.

"Uhm," before the blonde could muster up the right words to say, her fire dragon had stood up, grabbed her hand and dragged her outside.

"Oh, come on! I left my coat," complained the celestial mage. Usually, this would end up with Natsu unknowingly giving Lucy a page worth of writing inspiration but now he knew, he payed more attention to it.

He knew wxactly what he was doing when he slung his arm around her waist and brought her close. He brought her so close their foreheads were touching.

"You gonna write about this one too?"

There was that burning feeling in her cheeks again. Lucy didn't realise at first but then it struck her.

"What?"

Natsu moved even closer, if it was possible. It was now or never for him.

"Did you-"

Her anger was cut off by their lips colliding. He wasn't good with words. He couldn't even find the words to describe her beauty the way she could him.

But if there was one thing he could do,

It was action.

And that was what he did.

The two fell back into the snow still holding onto eachother and went straight back into a kiss.

"Lu-chan, you forgot your- nevermind..."