Then Kennedy came to Pine View during Senior year and rocked my whole world. The way our relationship evolved from strangers, to friends to crushes and finally a couple will always amaze me. She has no idea but she was the highlight of my high school years and I am looking forward to seeing where the future leads us.

It might seem scary because are going to different colleges, yes, her parents finally conceded to let her pursue an Art Degree at Yale. But I believe in us and our love so no matter the long distance, our relationship will persevere. And besides it's only four years and then we have the rest of our lives together.

"Enough day dreaming kiddo, we are here." Mom announces stirring me from my thoughts.

The car stops in the school's parking lot and I alight with mom right behind me. My eyes immediately start searching for Kennedy in the crowd of parents and students saying heartfelt goodbyes. I know she is already here and it doesn't take long to spot her bright red hair standing with her family. She sees me as well and waves us over.

"Let's go say hi." I say to mom pointing towards where the Fosters are standing.

"Okay let's go." She nods.

Kennedy steps away from her family as soon as I am in close proximity and walks into my arms. "Berry."

"Hi baby." She replies kissing me softly.

The presence of both our families hinders us from taking things too far but then again we have a whole week together in a different continent so I step back so she can say hello to mom.

"Kennedy darling, you look beautiful." Mom compliments as she hugs my girl.

"Thank you Rebecca." She replies.

It took months but Kennedy finally came around to calling my mom by her first name. They are much closer now which is a win for me because one day I plan on making Kennedy a permanent figure in our family and I want everyone to like her which they already do.

As they catch up, I step up to her family. "Mr. Foster, Mrs. Foster, Astrid, hello."

Kennedy might be on first name terms with my parents but hers still scare me shitless so it will take us a bit longer to get there. I'm happy that they approve of our relationship but I am still walking on eggshells around them and it will take a while for me to be completely comfortable with them.

"Hello Isaiah." Eloise replies while Reese gives me a polite nod.

"Hi Iz." Astrid smiles giving me a hug.

At least I have one Foster that I get fully along with.

Mom and Kennedy join us before it can get too awkward. They have met before during our joint graduation party so they are already familiar with each other.

"Thank you so much for doing this." Mom expresses towards the Fosters.

"It was our pleasure, anything for our little girl." Eloise replies.

"Not so little anymore but I will take it." Kennedy counters with a happy smile.

Wesley comes barreling for us interrupting all ongoing conversation, not that there was much going on anyway.

"Mrs. C, Iz." He greets.

"Hello Wesley." Mom replies.

"Hey man."

"Princess." He exclaims happily picking her up as usual.

"Hi Wes." She giggles.

He sets her down carefully before turning to her family. "Your highnesses." He bows making Kennedy and I snicker.