Domestic boyfriends

It was a cold January morning, and the team was getting ready for their training. All of them gathered on the field stretching.

Shubman also does the routine, but it is a bit different from the other days. Usually, he'd be seen with Ishan next to him, both of them immersed in their own world. But now Ishan is standing a few feet away from him, doing his own thing facing away from him. Shubman kept glaring at the back of his head.

" What's up with you both again?" Surya asked, patting Shubman on the back.

" Nothing." Grumbled the younger.

But both of them knew it wasn't nothing.

Time passed, and they started with their batting session. After it was over, they sat down for a drinks break.

Shubman sat down on the ground, removing his pads when something cold pressed to his neck. He looked up to see Ishan standing there with two bottles of water in his hands.

He stared at the bottle and then at Ishan's face, which carried no expression. He wanted to see if Ishan would say something, but nothing came. He silently took the water bottle and gulped some of it.

Ishan sat next to him, drinking from his bottle but saying nothing. He kept looking at the empty ground, avoiding the gaze of the younger.

" What are you doing?" Shubman's voice came in a plain tone.

" What do you mean?"

"  What are you doing here if you don't wanna talk to me?" Questioned Shubman.

Ishan met his gaze but said nothing. Fights like these are common between them. Sometimes, they argue like there's no tomorrow, and sometimes, it's just the silent treatment. One such fight happened this morning. Things got heated, and Shubman said something that he didn't mean, but it hit Ishan right to his heart, and he was mad. So mad.

He's waiting for Shubman to apologize. Sure, he is also at fault. But Shubman took it too far. He can be so thoughtless sometimes. 

Shubman doesn't want to apologize because he's not the one who started the fight. Also, he's stubborn.

They sat next to each other without saying anything. They just kept stealing occasional glances. Within no time, they had to go for their fielding session. By the time the team retired for the locker rooms, the sun was almost setting.

Ishan sat on the ground watching the setting sun as it painted the sky with hues of pink, purple, and orange. He still had to attend his wicket-keeping drills. But he's already tired from all the activities of the day. Him being the only one to stay back didn't help either.

He looked around, searching for Shubman because the younger would stay with him whenever he had extra practice. Finding him nowhere in sight, he let out a sigh of frustration, thinking to himself that this was not one of those days.

Soon, the coach called him to start his practice.  He went ahead and took his position, waiting for the instructions.

The coach started throwing some catches, and the practice went on. After some 20 minutes, he saw a figure approaching the field. He could recognize the tall silhouette very well, even from a distance.

A small smile made its way onto his lips unknowingly. He continued with his session until the coach asked him to take a break for 10 minutes. He sat on the grass, which is now damp. Shubman came to him with a bottle of water. He silently unscrewed the cap before making Ishan drink as he was wearing his wicket-keeping gloves.

" I'm sorry," Shubman said slowly.

Ishan stared at him for a good ten seconds,
" Okay." He let out sitting down.

" So? "

" You are forgiven."

" Wait. Seriously? " Shubman squealed, sitting across from Ishan.

Ishan nodded his head with a tiny smile. " I was angry but since you said sorry, I'm not anymore. " he pulled Shubman closer by his arm.

" I'm sorry too," Ishan said, holding the younger's face in his hands.

Shubman grinned in response, hugging Ishan closer to him.

" God! I missed you." Ishan sighed, resting his head on the younger's shoulder.

Shubman just ruffled his sweaty hair. They sat together in the comfortable silence, but soon, it was interrupted by the coach's calling for Ishan.

" He said, take ten. But it hasn't even been 5 minutes yet." Ishan huffed out, getting up from his place.

He did a quick work of getting ready. The practice continued. Ishan kept moving around in his place, going for the ball. He dived for some tricky ones but managed to catch them. His muscles screamed at him from all the work that he's been giving them the whole day.

His feet ached and especially his back pained more because of having to squat down and get up many times. He kept going on with the drills for almost another hour.

" Two more, and then we can go." The coach announced.

" One more to go."

With one final catch, the practice session ended. Ishan just dropped to the ground. He lay flat on his back, his legs splayed.

" Wicket-keeping is hard work." The coach patted him on his shoulder on his way. "Great work today."

Shubman came to sit next to Ishan. He carefully removed Ishan's helmet, removing his hair from his face.

" Come on, let's go."  He nudged.

" I'm dead, bro." Came the response.

" Did you just call me bro?" Shubman asked with a glare.

" What if I did?" Ishan smirked. Annoying the younger was his favorite thing to do.

" Then I'm leaving you right here," Shubman said, standing up.

" No, no, no. Wait, I did not." Ishan said, sitting up straight. He pulled the younger by his arm, making him sit down once again.

" So, what were you calling me earlier?" Shubman asked, now removing Ishan's pads.

" I said, baby." He replied with a grin.

" I like this one better."

" Of course you do, you big baby!" Ishan said, pulling the younger's cheek.

They walked back to the locker rooms, putting all of Ishan's stuff there. Then, back to their hotel room. Ishan had a quick shower before both of them had their dinner. After reaching their room, Ishan fell on the bed face first.

" Do you want me to give you a massage?" Shubman offered.

" I would love that." Ishan's words came muffled.

The night ended with the younger giving Ishan a relaxing massage and finally cuddling each other to sleep.

A/n:

I'm back with whatever this is 🙃
I didn't even proofreadthis. But here you go.

Also, a quick question

Are there any Harry Potter fans here?🪄