SOMEONE TO LEAN ON

Here's some hurt-comfort for you guys.

Let me know if you liked this, coz this is really close to my heart.

Ishan's feet stopped moving after seeing that the ball went straight into the fielder's hands. For the past few minutes, his body has been running on adrenaline. But, everything seemed to stop the moment the ball landed in the hands of his opponent. His face fell immediately, tears threatening to spill, and the weight of the moment came crashing down on him. It's over now. All the efforts that he put in and all the hard work have gone to waste. The 99 runs don't matter much when you do not have that one run.

He started walking towards the bleachers, cursing himself mentally for going for a risky shot. I shouldn't have been greedy, he thought to himself. He sat at the foot of one of the chairs and held his head in his hands. He doesn't have the energy to go up to his teammates. He doesn't want to be on the receiving end of their pity looks. He couldn't shake off the memory of the catch even if he wanted to. Getting out at 99 felt worse than anything he's ever faced.

He kept thinking about how disappointed everyone would be with him. His team, which he let down, and his fans, who put lots of faith in him and everyone else. He couldn't even register the match happening in front of him.

He sat there, blaming himself for the century that he couldn't bag. Just then, Virat came to him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

" Come with me," the senior told him and made him stand up.

He placed his arm around Ishan's shoulder in a comforting and consoling manner.

After the talk with his Virat bhai, he felt somewhat better. He felt himself calm down but still couldn't shake off the pain, the guilt. He almost started crying while Virat was talking to him. He managed not to let the tears from his eyes slip out to save his dignity.

He then went up to his teammates. He was immediately welcomed with hugs and reassuring pats on his back. Everyone congratulated him for his performance and told him not to worry about the century because he still did amazing.

But how could he not worry?

The match ended with their team on the losing end. This made him even upset. His thoughts kept clawing at his brain. Maybe if I'd have stayed longer, if I'd have  not been too reckless, we'd have won the game today.