Chapter 25- The Cube

Start from the beginning

"I heard it the first time." Gaeul replies, her mind beginning to race a hundred miles an hour.

"I told you it was a futile effort! Just save your energy and yield." Dr. Han says with a laugh from her cell.

"Why you little..." Gaeul was about to head back and give the scientist a piece of her mind, but Rei grabs her shoulder.

"No time to waste, unnie. We can hand this mad doctor to the new authorities after we take down KYB and the syndicate once and for all." The Japanese girl says before pulling Gaeul and Leeseo back up to the surface.

~~~~

"I'm sensing high amounts of technology up ahead." Sakura says as they approach a large mountain near the center of the island. In front of them now was a large granite wall, but Sakura could tell it was more than just that.

"I don't see any sentries guarding the area. Just in case though, I want Minjoo to accompany Kkura to the wall." Eunbi replies.

Minjoo nods and cloaks Sakura before heading closer. The group couldn't see the two girls, but they could tell they arrived when the entire wall lights up. Slowly, the cliff begins splitting open to reveal a large room that appeared to be an airplane hangar. After Eunbi gives everyone the go signal, the group heads in.

~~~~

"There's something off about this place..." Wonyoung whispers.

"What do you mean? We haven't run into anyone yet." Yujin replies. With the layout of the place being unfamiliar, they decided to split into groups of four and fan out in search of Kim Yong-bum.

"That's her point exactly, Yuj. Usually, these places are crawling with soldiers." Yena interjects.

"Let's just keep moving before our luck runs out then." Yuri says.

After about five minutes of walking through a winding hall whose plain design made it look never ending, the four reach a locked door that Yena easily short-circuits to open. On the other side was a large room with a fountain in the middle. Aside from that though, the place had zero amenities.

"This must be the center of the mountain. These guys really hollowed it out." Yena comments.

"I still don't see anyone or anything though." Wonyoung says before the sound of another door opening behind them catches their attention.

"Eunbi-unnie?" Yujin asks when she sees her leader's group enter the room. Shortly after, Chaeyeon's group also arrives through another door.

"Something's really fishy..." Eunbi mumbles just as all the doors behind them shut again.

"That can't be good." Chaewon says as a hole opens in the ground to project the face of the person they'd been looking for the whole time.

"You really thought you could get in that easily?" Kim Yong-bum asks.

"Not really, but since we're already here, why not tell us where you are so we can get this over with quickly." Yujin replies to which KYB begins to laugh.

"Now where would the fun in that be? Aside from your human leader, your group has some of the strongest mutants in the country, and I prepared something to test those claims." He says before the projection disappears. A couple seconds later, the room begins to fragment and shift.

"Girls, scatter!" Eunbi orders before taking Hyewon's hand and pulling her towards her before she could be crushed by a metal platform rising up from the ground.

When the dust settles, Eunbi finds that they've been enclosed in a medium-sized room with no exits.

"Welcome to The Cube." KYB's voice says from above.