"B-brother why a-are you treating me like this..."

"If my wife dies, I will take the heads of you and your company. Reflect on yourself Ruelle. I'm not kind. Not even of my own blood."

Rufus walks out and passes through me. He went inside my room so I followed him only to see the unexpected.

Rufus sat at the edge of my bed. He caressed my hair while holding and kissing the back of my hand.

Is that woman lying there really me? Is this a dream? Or am I in reality?

What happened to me at the warehouse after I blacked out?

Right... that bastard showed up before me. How about those two?

They must've found me. But how?

"Zanelli...wake up." My heart broke as I heard his voice cracked. 

Hindi ko alam kung ano ba ang dapat kong maramdaman. I'm happy, confused and sad at the same time. Why is Rufus acting so passionate towards me? Matagal na ba siyang ganyan sa akin na hindi ko lang napapansin?  

Gusto kong kalabitin si Rufus para sabihin na nandito lang ako sa tabi niya, hindi niya kailangan magalala but I couldn't even touch him.

Tiningnan ko ang sarili ko na mahimbing na natutulog, sino ang hindi magaalala sa ganyang hilatsa ng muka na parang hindi na magigising pa. 

"It is I , Lemisha Periwinkle, may I come in  and have and audience with you Duke Rufus?"  Isang katok at anghel na boses ang nagsalita mula sa labas pero hindi natinag si Rufus. He lifelessly look at the door while tightly holding my hand. 

Dude, I'm not going anywhere. And it is your first love came knocking behind that door yet he did not budge.

"Come in."

Lemisha Periwinkle. The current crown princess is visiting me. 

Lemisha half smiled as she greeted the Duke.

"I see that you find the person you want to offer your life with," Lemisha commented.

Rufus blankly stared at her. 

"Can I do that now?" He asked. Marahang umiling si Lemisha. They're talking about things that both of them only understand.

"You can't, and no one can."

"What do you mean?" Kumunot ang noo ni Rufus, maski ako ay nagugulumihanan na din sa pinaguusapan nila.

"Her soul is gray in color. Just like a smoke, she will soon..."

"Enough. I don't believe you. Out." He said as he dismissed her like she was a stranger and not the woman that he once loved.

"I understand. But if the Duke needs me, I think I can be of help." 

As Lemisha went out the Duke's shoulder drooped down, his forehead at the back of my hand that was lying on the bed. Nagalalang napatingin ako kay Rufus. Who knows that he has this side that no one can dare to see? I don't wanna see him this vulnerably frustrated. Nothing can match how my heart aches for him.

I once again tried to touch his face but it just went through...

Naalala ko noong sinagip ako ni Lemisha, she's telling me about the color of my soul. I'm not clueless enough to not know what she meant by that. 

I must have already...

I hardly gasp for air as I was sucked by an unknown force to somewhere. Pagdilat ko ng mga mata ko ay isang kamay at pamilyar na muka ng isang taong kinasusuklaman ko ang bumungad sa akin. The trashy Count touched my face and lifted my chin. I feel like I was struck by lightning, my body stiffened, my pupils widened, and my brain fogged. All the traumas that sleeping within me awakening and flashbacks of my miserable life flash before my eyes.